G5 Club banner

Installing cams?

3K views 25 replies 10 participants last post by  C.R.A.V.3 
#1 ·
im thinking of installing cams on my car and i would like to know if the stage 1 cams require anything else aftermarket to be installed to work or can i just isntall the cams and not need to change anything like the springs and stuff? anyone had this done already?

#5 ·
Nothing is NECESSARY... but it is highly advisable to change the springs and get tuned for the cams. Personally, I think you'd be better off saving your money for other, more beneficial modifications. $600 for cams that will give you MAYBE 20whp more? BIG stretch on the maybe. Double that price though and you've got a S/C kit that can add 100hp or more.

#15 ·
Not hard at all. If you were to ever do it, you just need to make sure you replace the Cam Bolts (the 2 bolts that hold the cam gears to the cams) at they are TTY. Aside from that, timing the engine is the most difficult part, I'd say... and its really not that difficult.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.