Possible WA Meet. [Archive] - G5CLUB.net Forums

: Possible WA Meet.

D4saken1
07-06-2010, 12:31 PM
Trying to get together a Seattle ish area meet for WA/Upper OR and Can people who can make it.

Working with the Cobalt SS forums to see if we can get anything running.

Sadly I don't know that area well seeing as I am near Spokane, WA/Coeur d' Alene, ID aka Eastern Washington.

If there were enough people close to Grand Forks, BC/Eastern, WA might try to arrange some sort of meet there.

Rob
07-06-2010, 12:33 PM
Trying to get together a Seattle ish area meet for WA/Upper OR and Can people who can make it.

Working with the Cobalt SS forums to see if we can get anything running.

Sadly I don't know that area well seeing as I am near Spokane, WA/Coeur d' Alene, ID aka Eastern Washington.

If there were enough people close to Grand Forks, BC/Eastern, WA might try to arrange some sort of meet there.

Oh hai stranger lol

D4saken1
07-06-2010, 12:35 PM
lol Hi. I figured it was you I just haven't been on the Cobalt forums much tbh. Shows how smart I am.

I need to get my Combo License so I can start coming to meets up there sucked I really wanted to stop up for the 4th meet but I had family time to attend to.

+ I want to meet before I possibly get moved to the middle of Oregon for work.

Rob
07-06-2010, 12:40 PM
lol Hi. I figured it was you I just haven't been on the Cobalt forums much tbh.

I need to get my Combo License so I can start coming to meets up there sucked I really wanted to stop up for the 4th meet but I had family time to attend to.

+ I want to meet before I possibly get moved to the middle of Oregon for work.

ah... watcha do for work?

You know I'm down for a meet anytime... Eastern WA sounds like a fun drive since my guess is its probably thru the mountains slightly which is what makes it fun...

Roughly a 7 hour drive if I head to Spokane from where I live, I'm only currently a 2.5 hour drive from Seattle... That is easily justifyable as there is Seattle Premium Outlets that the gf likes to visit so.... I'd say lets meet in Seattle or Greater Vancouver Area... no one is going to want to go to Grand Forks... better luck trying to have them go to Kelowna as there is quite a few members in the Kelowna/Kamloops area :)

D4saken1
07-06-2010, 12:58 PM
ah... watcha do for work?

You know I'm down for a meet anytime... Eastern WA sounds like a fun drive since my guess is its probably thru the mountains slightly which is what makes it fun...

Roughly a 7 hour drive if I head to Spokane from where I live, I'm only currently a 2.5 hour drive from Seattle... That is easily justifyable as there is Seattle Premium Outlets that the gf likes to visit so.... I'd say lets meet in Seattle or Greater Vancouver Area... no one is going to want to go to Grand Forks... better luck trying to have them go to Kelowna as there is quite a few members in the Kelowna/Kamloops area :)

Short answer; I print shit. Banners, Posters, Everything; FedEx Kinkos type shit on a large scale for less money. Contracted out to a company. Might get my own shop if we land a contract in OR.

It depends on which way you take to Spokane, WA a lot of the middle of Washington is flat farmer shit, where I am is more mountainy but not any real big passes through mountains unless you head south. I know a lot of country roads etc though along the Columbia and whatnot. I know where a cool waterfall is but thats all the way close to Canada and includes a hike through a creek and up an old abandoned mining area from the 1800s.

Anyhow side tracked. Seattle from Spokane isnt too bad of a drive for me to there etc just boring if you go solo. It'd probly be easier to arrange something in that area. Im sure no one would want to come to Eastern WA its pretty boring. I havent even been out to the track in Airway Heights yet since im all stock.

I know a cool drive here but it takes a long time because you go around a huge lake it takes roughly 3 hours going the speed limit. But its defiantly a long drive if you arent well awake or have a passenger.

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b226/d4saken1/cda.png

It ends below and wraps back up throuh the 95 you can see on the left so yeah quite a drive.

But I got side tracked; im sure we can possibly figure something out in the nearish future.

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b226/d4saken1/cdalake.png

Slightly Better Picture. The Red is what I have driven before. Its pretty windy yet scenic, you are along the river pretty much the entire way. The blue is another route ive not taken but could be cool looks like it cuts through the mountains and whatnot. You could take the lake back or the 95 route which would be shorter to get back.

I just never really sat down and looked at it. Plus CDA beach is nice to swim at etc. We get a lot of tourist, some celebs have houses out on the lake and whatnot; not huge people.