G5 GT vs. Cobalt SS/SC *VIDEO* [Archive] - G5CLUB.net Forums

: G5 GT vs. Cobalt SS/SC *VIDEO*

BigEMU1
06-03-2008, 12:51 AM
Thought you guys might enjoy me handing it to big brother for a change :lol:. Actually had a good run, good shifting/launch unlike my 1.8T video I posted earlier, although I can't say every run went as smoothly as this one tonight. Had this been on the track I'm pretty confident I could crack into 14's, but we'll see soon. Proof a bolted LE5 can hang with the stock LSJ. It took him until the top of fourth to pull on me... I beat him well beyond a 1/4 mile length.

On a side note I also raced my buddy's V6 Tiburon GT. He's got the same mods as me plus a flywheel and clutch upgrade. I was very impressed, I thought I'd easily take him from a roll. I pulled a car on him through third, and then when I shifted to fourth and he was at the top of his (6-speed), he pulled a car back and then shut down dead even. We did three runs from a stop, but I biffed third on two of them and he ended up ahead by about half a car. The third run I had a good launch and roasted him through second, and then he missed third and it turned into buslengths. So I'm pretty conviced I've got him from a stop but we're dead even from a roll. He declined racing me a fourth time and continued to gloat over his first two victories, lol. I also raced Impact240sx (here on the forums) who's driving a turbo probe. He lauched really well out of the hole, but I ended up pulling a car or two on him. Once he's chipped and cranks the boost up though, I'm pretty sure I'm toast. Maybe I can hold him off with a tune.

Anyways heres the video, enjoy.
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/Cobalt-SS-SC-Vs-Pontiac_164391.htm

Geoff212
06-03-2008, 02:35 AM
That was a good run. As soon as i do some modifications to my car i'll post some videos. I live in Salt lake, Utah, and there's a street where all of the tuners go to street race, and most of the cars were STI's and Evo's, i didn't dare mess with them especially sense i have no mods yet. I felt naked drivin my car next to those mean machines. :lol:

USMCFieldMP
06-03-2008, 04:06 AM
Good Run. I LOL at the fact that most 2.4 driver's can crack off better times at the track than a lot of SS/SC owners.

07g5gt
06-03-2008, 07:55 AM
the 2.4 is a ez car to drive. my friend she has the SS s/c and that car is hard to drive. the clutch is really jumpy. it lets out alot faster then the 2.4 clutch also.

Nighthawk243
06-03-2008, 03:00 PM
The SSsc has heavier wheels than the G5GT does. Also, all that extra body cladding does add weight.

USMCFieldMP
06-03-2008, 03:15 PM
The SSsc has heavier wheels than the G5GT does. Also, all that extra body cladding does add weight.

Curb Weight for a G5 GT: 2991lbs
Curb Weight for a SS/SC: 2991lbs

Our wheels are forged... so they are light. I'm not sure of the weight of the G5 GT rims and tires, but ours are like 24lbs wheels... add tires and you get close to 50lbs.

Either way... you're points are invalid for the simple fact that an SS/SC is a mid to Low 14 second car... where as the G5 GT is a high 14/low 15 sec car.

That driver there just ran like a mid 15. He sucks... plain and simple.

Renesis
06-03-2008, 07:11 PM
wtf I kind of don't believe it!

definately go to the track man! :)

Impact240sx
06-03-2008, 07:41 PM
I hated going around that turn at 120 lol. When i say be easy and shut it down thats what i freaking mean! lol

USMCFieldMP
06-04-2008, 04:25 AM
Can I come play? And then we can trade rimzzzzz. :lol:

BigEMU1
06-04-2008, 02:28 PM
Haha, yeah sure man... I can imagine you driving down. You'd be carrying a jackstand and a four-way in your hands the entire night.

Me: "Hey man, what's with the gear?"

You: "NOTHING, MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS! I ALWAYS KEEP MY TOOLS HANDY!"

Then you're at home practicing wheel swapping in time trials like a NASCAR pitcrew so if I turn around for one second, my car's suddenly riding on a new pair of SS/SC rims and you're nowhere to be found, lol.

But seriously, if you ever wanted to come down you're welcome to, although there's not going to be much for you to race in our group unless our buddy gets his turbo probe build running. Wouldn't have a problem finding someone in Huntington or from the wvmotorsports forum that's around your league though. Plenty of evo's, sti's, stangs, redlines, srt-4's... whatnot over there.

USMCFieldMP
06-05-2008, 04:04 AM
:twisted:

Impact240sx
06-05-2008, 12:51 PM
I dont think Jarvis would mine whoopin up on a SS. He beat a intense stage 3 last nite with his lil all motor honda lol.

USMCFieldMP
06-05-2008, 04:05 PM
I dont think Jarvis would mine whoopin up on a SS. He beat a intense stage 3 last nite with his lil all motor honda lol.

I spit on Intense Stg3.

What's he got? LS/Vtec swap in a hatch? That's the most popular, I've beat about 5 of those.

Impact240sx
06-05-2008, 05:03 PM
No its just b18c in a coupe. Do you have any times 1/4 or 1/8th or both and i'll let you kno if you stand a chance.

USMCFieldMP
06-06-2008, 05:37 AM
No its just b18c in a coupe. Do you have any times 1/4 or 1/8th or both and i'll let you kno if you stand a chance.

LMAO... you wanna tell me if I stand a chance... LOL! So what's done to it. Because I find it REALLY hard to believe that it beat an Intense Stg3 with JUST a simple B18. Unless it was from a dig, then I can understand it, because the SS driver probably sucked balls.

Spray, LOTS of engine work, or lies. One of those three.

I have a lot of friends with Honda's... and a basic B18 doesn't stand a chance without A LOT of mods. A LOT.

Gimme some videos and/or some proof. I'm not wasting the gas to come down unless I see some proof that the car actually has balls. Without boost... it takes a lot, I'm slightly curious though.

Impact240sx
06-06-2008, 08:22 AM
Its just a bolt on b18c. Not just a b18, its the gsr motor. All motor making around 205-215 whp. Runs 8.0 flag on radials in the 1/8th. And yes of course it was from a dig, no real race is from a roll. Although he did pull a modded SRT-4 from a roll. Obviously your friends dont have very quick honda's lol. Also just to throw it out there, he was one of the first guys to break 11's with the Vitara setup and dyno'd 402 on it. Does all his own tuning and all his own work. Im not really expecting you to drive down to run anyone, thats dumb especially since your hours away. Just having a good time conversation. I'll try and get you a mod list since im not 100% sure on what it is.

USMCFieldMP
06-06-2008, 01:32 PM
I'm pretty sure that a SIMPLE Bolt-On GSR shouldn't be making that much whp. I would guess that he has AT LEAST cams. Not saying that it isn't possible. Just that it takes some serious work and I don't see bolt-on's doing it. We're talking about a 50+whp gain. When I think bolt-on's I think header, cat-back, intake... and maybe a few other things. The simple stuff. Maybe you call bolt-on's something else.

And it probably has a Holeshot from hell to make an 1/8 time like that with a FWD. There is a guy in town that just finished his GSR Teg... its setup for the holeshot. Supposed to run low 13's. I don't think he's gotten the chance to run it yet though. But he did quite a bit to it, including some internals... and he still doesn't make that much whp.

Impact240sx
06-06-2008, 02:13 PM
I havnt talked to him yet, but im pretty sure i knwo his setup. Its a stock block GSR, Hytech tri-y header, intake/exhaust, skunk2 Pro 2 cams, titanium retainers and skunk 2 pro valve springs. Chrome Pro tuned by him, JDM ITR tranny with lsd. There may be a few slight diff but i'll find out whenever i talk to him tonight. When i said simple bolt on i was just joking around lol

USMCFieldMP
06-06-2008, 03:11 PM
Yeah, the Skunk2 Cams are where its at. As said before... it is more than likely set-up for the holeshot. I imagine that the car has Weight Reduction Stg5? :lol:

BigEMU1
06-06-2008, 06:49 PM
Yeah, the Skunk2 Cams are where its at. As said before... it is more than likely set-up for the holeshot. I imagine that the car has Weight Reduction Stg5? :lol:

That's what I thought when I was talking with him at the gym, especially no doubt considering he's getting a launch from hell with a 8 second 1/8. Granted DR's and LSD, but apparently he never strips his cars which is CRAZY TALK comming from a hardcore honda owner. But Jarvis knows his shit left and right when it comes to anything honda/integ/acura... I know that's stereotypical and easy to say, but he's not just some leftwing ricer. Guy does all his own tuning and like Impact said, that turbo setup he had previously was a wrong wheel drive monster from hell.

maverick0716
06-22-2008, 07:08 PM
With a 8.0 1/8th time, that car should pull a mid-high 12 1/4 mile. When I had my '85 Mustang my best 1/8th mile was 8.5 and I was running 13.1-13.2 @ 107 mph.