SS S/C with 08 GT (2.4 L) [Archive] - G5CLUB.net Forums

: SS S/C with 08 GT (2.4 L)

vpec13
06-04-2008, 10:57 AM
i read the thread on css.net for the used supercharger kit for under 2k... would i able to run this SAFELY on my 2.4 L GT if i got all the parts and stuff...? :?

njg5gt
06-04-2008, 11:02 AM
it would be safe if you had a safe tune, cooling mods, bigger injectors, etc. to make it safe. could run at least 8 psi safely. youll need a new clutch, though.

vpec13
06-04-2008, 11:08 AM
mark.. i love you lol.. (no homo)

njg5gt
06-04-2008, 11:27 AM
lol why? cause you can get advice in both internet form and texts? haha

IMO, the sc kits are just not worth it. the power you gain is nice, but for the work it takes to do this, its not really a lot. a turbo would gain you much more in terms of work/power haha

but if you do go for it, let me know and we'll install it at the dealer

vpec13
06-04-2008, 12:07 PM
meh.. for now its not a major concern for me.. i did just open an account where im putting the money aside if i decide to do it.. but i mean for nw im just workin on my looks.. like ive been tellin u in my txt haha.. i wanan do my headlights, paint my calipers, and redo my taillights cuz my dad did a shitty job on them and he didnt want them to be that dark.. but i want them darker haha.. and window tint is coming in soon too.. so yeah... lol then imma start doing my bolt on's.. my dad already said if i do one more thing to the car hes taking my keys.. so i mean.. everythin ghas to be done behind his back haha

BigEMU1
06-04-2008, 02:34 PM
No it wouldn't because a supercharger kit would be impossible to install without a custom tune, and HPtuners is still uncompatible with the 08' LE5. Someone confirm or correct me if I'm wrong here.

Nj's also right about the efficiency. You'd be much safer running a turbo setup through Hahn that's guaranteed fitment and tunability, let alone the fact that it will make more power on less PSI (safer) and you won't have to worry about heat issues. Most supercharger setups have cooling problems, so then you have to start looking at an investment in a heat exchanger, maybe meth... In the long haul it's not really going to be much cheaper.

Renesis
06-04-2008, 09:14 PM
post pics of your tails when you're done please!

vpec13
06-04-2008, 09:34 PM
yeah deff i will