: Our cars suck balls

Renesis
06-04-2008, 09:04 PM
Yes they do.

I lost.

I lost real bad.

Let's say 2 truck lenghts?

Man.. I was ashamed.

Sure, it was a uphill section of the highway where you need lots of torque..

I had faith in my VMS tune..

he was behind me, eating up my bumper, then the right lane cleared up and he gunned it.

So did I.. well I dropped in in 4th at like uh 95kph or whatever speed you get at around 3800rpm

but it wasn't enough..

I didn't react quick enough but still.. he had me..

he had me by far

I was hoping I could close the gap before he passed me from the right, I held my foot to the floor but..

there was nothing in it.. it was struggling at 150-160 uphill

damn, I lost so such and old car I was ashamed

the guy took the same exit as I did, I wanted to give him a thumbs up but he went the other way..

oh you want to know what it was?

a fucking Porsche.

I need to get me another car, it wasn't even a Turbo...

http://www.eporsch.co.uk/images/C2CabRed3B2.jpg

ModdedSS
06-04-2008, 09:17 PM
shoulda downshifted into 3rd and 95 km/h, would have maybe given him more of a run

Renesis
06-04-2008, 09:20 PM
yeah but I didn't have much time to think but I was definately into too low of a gear. :(

talk about missed opportunities!

anyway it was still funny

cruisn
06-04-2008, 09:31 PM
I would of dropped to thrid, then you would of left him by 2-4 lengths

karnivor
06-04-2008, 09:34 PM
whats that, about 60 mph? 65 is about about where i draw the line for third. could have made it and pulled a lot harder

ModdedSS
06-04-2008, 11:09 PM
The 2.4 hits 140/145 km/h in 3rd, so what like 80mph or something like that

njg5gt
06-05-2008, 12:47 AM
yeah def in the wrong gear. its not our cars, its your driving! haha just have to wait for him nd try again next time

USMCFieldMP
06-05-2008, 04:13 AM
I need to get me another car

Buy my car... $16k gets you 280WHP.

It'll put bus lengths on that Porsche... I've done so myself.

mrspontiac
06-05-2008, 06:37 AM
We can't win em all. I lost a car length to a Dodge Durango. My hubby about died, he said it was me. I didn't hit the pedal all the way to the floor.

SaberZero
06-05-2008, 06:38 AM
Up to 60Km/h = Drop to 2nd
Up to 100Km/h = Drop to 3rd

Thats my rule of thumb
(Based on 97 sunfire 2.2 5-Speed, Still learning my 08G5GT 5-Speed)

cruisn
06-05-2008, 06:39 AM
I lvoe dropping to second at 60k... end up at 4k which is the start of my powerband.... zoom zoom

Renesis
06-05-2008, 07:39 AM
I don't think I would have hung up with him even in 3rd but it would have been better yeah ;)

ringflyer
06-05-2008, 09:13 AM
^ you would have had a better chance had you gone to 3rd vs 4th though.

TonyK
06-05-2008, 11:26 AM
Aww come on, the guy had the jump on you, and he paid a lot more for it than you did! But I agree you shoulda dropped down 1 more gear.

o5iri5
06-05-2008, 12:50 PM
hahaha this thread cracks me up. I love my G5 as much as the rest but Porsche is a different breed built for a different purpose baby!

USMCFieldMP
06-05-2008, 03:57 PM
Aww come on, the guy had the jump on you, and he paid a lot more for it than you did! But I agree you shoulda dropped down 1 more gear.

Not necessarily. You can find older Porsche's quite cheap these days.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?c ... rdist=1939 (http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?ct=u&car_id=245218875&dealer_id=57843490&car_year=1997&model=&num_records=25&systime=&make2=&start_year=1981&keywordsfyc=&keywordsfyc=&keywordsrep=&keywordsrep=&engine=&certified=&body_code=0&fuel=&awsp=false&search_type=used&distance=0&marketZipError=false&search_lang=en&make=POR&keywords_display=&color=&page_location=findacar%3A%3Aispsearchform&min_price=&drive=&default_sort=&max_mileage=&style_flag=1&sort_type=priceDESC&address=45840&advanced=&end_year=2000&doors=&transmission=&max_price=12000&cardist=1939)

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?c ... ardist=507 (http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?ct=u&car_id=242910087&dealer_id=12596480&car_year=1984&model=&num_records=25&systime=&make2=&start_year=1981&keywordsfyc=&keywordsfyc=&keywordsrep=&keywordsrep=&engine=&certified=&body_code=0&fuel=&awsp=false&search_type=used&distance=0&marketZipError=false&search_lang=en&make=POR&keywords_display=&color=&page_location=findacar%3A%3Aispsearchform&min_price=&drive=&default_sort=&max_mileage=&style_flag=1&sort_type=priceDESC&address=45840&advanced=&end_year=2000&doors=&transmission=&max_price=12000&cardist=507)

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?c ... ardist=189 (http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?ct=u&car_id=236177682&dealer_id=569638&car_year=1985&model=&num_records=25&systime=&make2=&start_year=1981&keywordsfyc=&keywordsfyc=&keywordsrep=&keywordsrep=&engine=&certified=&body_code=0&fuel=&awsp=false&search_type=used&distance=0&marketZipError=false&search_lang=en&make=POR&keywords_display=&color=&page_location=findacar%3A%3Aispsearchform&min_price=&drive=&default_sort=&max_mileage=&style_flag=1&sort_type=priceDESC&address=45840&advanced=&end_year=2000&doors=&transmission=&max_price=12000&cardist=189)

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?c ... ardist=417 (http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?ct=p&car_id=244653608&dealer_id=62616865&car_year=1981&model=&num_records=25&systime=&make2=&start_year=1981&keywordsfyc=&keywordsfyc=&keywordsrep=&keywordsrep=&engine=&certified=&body_code=0&fuel=&search_type=used&distance=0&marketZipError=false&search_lang=en&first_record=76&make=POR&keywords_display=&color=&page_location=findacar%3A%3Aispsearchform&min_price=&drive=&default_sort=&max_mileage=&style_flag=1&sort_type=priceDESC&address=45840&advanced=&end_year=2000&pager.offset=75&doors=&transmission=&max_price=12000&cardist=417)

Nighthawk243
06-05-2008, 04:33 PM
For me 3rd is good to 80MPH.

Renesis
06-05-2008, 08:14 PM
hahaha this thread cracks me up. I love my G5 as much as the rest but Porsche is a different breed built for a different purpose baby!
well it was supposed to be a joke..

but everyone takes it way seriously.. and judges my driving :lol:

and FYI that car here should be worth about $3000 to $5000 more than a G5 GT

it was a 1990 or so 911 Carrera 2 convertible

USMCFieldMP
06-06-2008, 05:54 AM

So... we're driving piece of shit GM's and that's a Porsche. Worth every penny of that extra $3k to $5k.

And a 1990 is not necessarily worth that much more. You can't really compare a used car to a new car like that.

Not to mention the fact that comparing prices is a ricer excuse. "Well you paid more..."

That's so lame.

cmcaron
06-06-2008, 07:03 AM
A lot of Porches are geared perfectly for the Autobahn.

And he smoked you up a hill....hmmm.

Not many hills on the autobahn, are there?

I know this is a joke, I just wanted to add something :)

Renesis
06-06-2008, 01:17 PM

So... we're driving piece of shit GM's and that's a Porsche. Worth every penny of that extra $3k to $5k.

And a 1990 is not necessarily worth that much more. You can't really compare a used car to a new car like that.

Not to mention the fact that comparing prices is a ricer excuse. "Well you paid more..."

That's so lame.

what the fuck is wrong with you?

FIRST, the thread title is a joke, I'm not hating my own car but I'm not in love with GM either.

And second, the price ISN'T a ricer excuse I'm just pointing out that the links you posted are WORTHLESS.

944's are NOT the same as 911's which are worth much more, especially convertibles.

:roll:

USMCFieldMP
06-06-2008, 01:43 PM
What's wrong with you... you are the one getting all bent out of shape.

Haha, I posted a 911 as well... its the bottom one. Looks just like the one YOU posted. Guess what... its a Convertible too. I know you were joking around and that you don't seriously hate your car. I don't hate mine either... but there is no getting around the fact that it is a shitty GM car (Problems up the wazoo and made very cheaply - come on, be truthful with yourself here).

As far as 911's being more expensive... do your checking. You can find QUITE a few 911's for less than $15k.

And I wasn't aiming the "ricer excuse" comment at you... it was more for the people that say, "well, at least you know he paid more for his" because THAT is lame. Ask any real racer, it doesn't matter if you win my an inch or a mile... winning is winning.

:lol:

"How much did that car cost?"

"More than you can afford pal!"

Calm down. Don't take the internet so seriously.

karnivor
06-06-2008, 03:25 PM
i say that about my friends car. not as an excuse, just a fact.

he has an 07 v6 mustang. we raced a few times when i was really bad at driving my car aggressively (within the first 2 months of my first manual car). he only won by maybe a car and a half. maybe 2. now if we raced, he would probably still win, but by a small margin. i paid 11000 for my car and he paid 19000.

i dont use it as an excuse, rather that he bought a much more expensive car and its barely faster

njg5gt
06-06-2008, 04:10 PM
play nicely, boys :)

Renesis
06-06-2008, 08:41 PM
well how much is a gt worth in $US?

cause here you cannot find a 911 for that cheap they're all over $20k

but I get your point.

USMCFieldMP
06-07-2008, 04:25 AM
MSPR on a G5 Gt is anywhere from like $16k to $20k.

And like I said... a quick search on Autotrader for Porsche 911's showed like 54 results under $15k...

Either way... who cares.

Renesis
06-07-2008, 06:34 AM
I guess porsches are rarer here and hold up their value better

but if they've seen winter then they're in a bad shape

BigEMU1
06-07-2008, 07:46 AM

That's so lame.

Ahahahaha.... my "friend" with the Tiburon does that CONSTANTLY. When we ran a couple nights ago, I missed third on both dig races and lost by half a car-car length. Anyways, I rechallenged him and he got his kicks in: "whats the point he wont get it in third anyways" haha but it's all in good fun no one takes it too serious. I get him out of the hole bigger than shit so I knew I had him, just had to actually drive my car. So we took them out a third time with passengers in each car this time, and I completely rape him out of the hole and start pulling hard (much like my SS/SC run). Ironically, he then misses third and falls back bus lengths. So when I start giving him hell for the loss, he brings up that argument:

"Well you paid 1500 i only spent 300-400... blah blah blah"

We have nicknames for each other. He calls me the Magazine racer or Mototrend. I call him Fast and Furious or Ebay, since that's where he bought all his car parts. HAHA!

It's such a great rivalry, I know Impact240sx loves it. I know I'm a little faster, but he'd never admit that because he thinks i'd stop modding my car, lol. The great part is that the two cars are so close it's a drivers race either way, at least from a roll. If I miss a gear, I can't catch up because he pulls slightly top end, mainly due to gearing (he's high in 4th and I have to shift into it). and if he messes up it's not close because I pull on him in the low gears (2nd and high in 3rd). Obviously if we kept going I'd pull back when he shifted into 5th and I'm still going through 4th, but we're not that stupid, haha.

underground
06-07-2008, 01:07 PM
LOL! nice war story! LOL! I got the joke!.... :D

springerdesigner
06-08-2008, 12:25 AM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

underground
06-09-2008, 12:54 AM

^^ I bet this is what a fly sees when he flashes someone his frontals...

maverick0716
06-22-2008, 07:13 PM
I feel confident that I could beat most Porsche Boxter drivers (not the "S").......those ones aren't too terribly fast.