Civic Si vs me [Archive] - G5CLUB.net Forums

: Civic Si vs me

Renesis
07-13-2008, 01:46 PM
sooo, I was on the freeway, cruise control on at like 115km/h in the right lane then I see this white civic (2006+) coming very quickly in the left rearview mirror..

so I let him go and jump behind him, it was a guy from nova scotia or something like that, the red plates..

anyways so I was still in 5th gear and he already had his roll so obviously he pulled away a little then he stopped because of traffic.

The next time he had an opening I was in 4th gear at like 3500RPM and uh.. now we were talking, I mean I was literally riding is ass.. and had to back off the throttle to keep a "safe" distance (more like not bump him in the back)

on the 3rd attemp (after some fooling around) I had space to go full throttle behind him and I passed him, ahaha and yes from the sound of it this little v-tec was definately trying!

conclusion they're not that great on the highway, the guy looked cool but drove like an ass I mean it's a matter of minutes before he gets a ticket..

I was a bit surprised since I've seen AlexS13's video of him being owned by a RSX Type-S and it has the same engine / gearbox as the new Si's AFAIK.. but I'm not stock though

Impact240sx
07-13-2008, 02:25 PM
sooo, I was on the freeway, cruise control on at like 115km/h in the right lane then I see this white civic (2006+) coming very quickly in the left rearview mirror..

so I let him go and jump behind him, it was a guy from nova scotia or something like that, the red plates..

anyways so I was still in 5th gear and he already had his roll so obviously he pulled away a little then he stopped because of traffic.

The next time he had an opening I was in 4th gear at like 3500RPM and uh.. now we were talking, I mean I was literally riding is ass.. and had to back off the throttle to keep a "safe" distance (more like not bump him in the back)

on the 3rd attemp (after some fooling around) I had space to go full throttle behind him and I passed him, ahaha and yes from the sound of it this little v-tec was definately trying!

conclusion they're not that great on the highway, the guy looked cool but drove like an ass I mean it's a matter of minutes before he gets a ticket..

I was a bit surprised since I've seen AlexS13's video of him being owned by a RSX Type-S and it has the same engine / gearbox as the new Si's AFAIK.. but I'm not stock though

The motors are diff from the Si's to the Type S. The Si's have the K20Z3 which is 197 hp / 139 lb - ft tq. The Type S has the K20Z1 which has 210 hp / 143 lb - ft tq.

GTCAM
07-13-2008, 02:31 PM
there is no way a si would loose to a stock g5 (incl. gt), they got more hp and better gearing for short runs (ex. 1/4 mile lol) ive driven both cars and even tho i own a gt i can admit the si has more power and is more fun to drive because of the 6 speed.

njg5gt
07-13-2008, 02:32 PM
this is somewhat true. no torque is what will kill them. also, renesis has a vector tune, so it's not completely stock.

Impact240sx
07-13-2008, 04:15 PM
this is somewhat true. no torque is what will kill them. also, renesis has a vector tune, so it's not completely stock.

Not having torque doesnt really hurt honda's a bit. They just have to launch at like 5500 to get off the line. Plus they can do it and not break shit lol.

Renesis
07-13-2008, 06:46 PM
dude it was on the highway we did a few pulls always around 110kph..

and even the 1/4 mile and 0-60mph times are quite fucking close to a stock GT, it's pretty much a driver's race.. but apparently the top end isn't their strongest point or my tune is helping quite a bit anyways it was fun..

and yesterday while I was going there (today I was coming back) I had an encounter with the local G5/Cobalt club they were on a ride to a meet, it was cool!

07g5gt
07-13-2008, 08:10 PM
my friends got a stock SI 4 door and i can put about 2 cars on him all the time.

BigEMU1
07-15-2008, 12:12 AM
Considering a tune for a GT will unlock an easy 10hp let along the other fixes and powerband increase from the Vector tune, it will roll with a stock SI. Add mods and it's all she wrote.

You're wrong about their top end though. That's where Vtec is notorious, rolling is their strong point... so I'm surprised you got the best of him. Had it been a dig I wouldn't question it.

USMCFieldMP
07-15-2008, 04:05 AM
I blame driver's error on the Civic. The new Si's are seriously no joke.

I think they are a lot like the SS/SC's... there are some good drivers out there... and there are some BAD drivers out there.

underground
07-15-2008, 07:04 AM
my tire iron has more torque than a civic... But yeah at like 6000(?) rpm the second cam kicks for the si and usually they're f'n gone... My friend has an 06 and it moves pretty well in the top end...

springerdesigner
07-15-2008, 10:35 AM
good kill...

a little nicer over here rather than .net huh..?

you were the cause of the start of an EPIC thread over there..! :lol:

JOEYBLAZE
07-15-2008, 11:27 AM
good kill

anything can happen in the street...

Renesis
07-16-2008, 07:59 AM
yeah CSS.net is what it is huh..

anyways look up the specs stock for stock from a dig it's a driver's race.. numbers are very close!