USMCFieldMP vs 08 CHALLENGER! [Archive] - G5CLUB.net Forums

: USMCFieldMP vs 08 CHALLENGER!

USMCFieldMP
08-02-2008, 10:26 PM
Muhahahaha.

So, I was sitting up at the local hangout, shooting the shit, when we see this Orange Challenger drive by. "BEAUTIFUL!", I say. Then he puts on his blinker to pull in... sweet. But he just drives by and to a different part of the parking lot. So we go back to our business of talking about cars, etc.

Out of the corner of my eye, I see it get back onto the road... then he punches it and flies past the hang out! OMG, I run to the car. I get on the road and take after it... at a casual 35mph. Luckily he's driving pretty slow, because there are two really slow cars in front of me, preventing me from getting next to him. I tell my fiance to get the camera ready, because this is gonna be awesome - win or lose! The whole times its just driving me nuts because we are driving through some PERFECT racing road. No intersections, no one in front of him.

After about 5 minutes, the car in front of me FINALLY moves over to the next lane. I shoot forward and over to get next to him at the perfect time. We go over some Railroad tracks, so we both slow down to about 20, side by side, we come off of the RR tracks and slowly build speed up to 40 mph... its perfectly clear ahead of us... I start to ease into the throttle and I hear his trans gear down, so I punch it! We sit about even for a second then I slowly pull and put his front bumper at the middle of my door. I WOT shift into 3rd and he starts to pull... he pulls till his front bumper is about 2 or 3ft behind mine... then he stops pulling. We sit like that until about 110, then he brakes.

"WAHOOOOOOOO!!!", I yell. I look at my fiance... "Why the FUCK is the camera in your lap? OMFG!"

"I didn't know you guys were gonna race there."

Fucking A... she acts like she hasn't been filming my races for the last 2 years.

Anyway, story isn't over yet.

We pull on to another road and he starts drifting back doing about 25 to my 35. So, I think he is done, so I decide to head back for the hang out, instead of heading for the interstate. I turn left onto a road heading back... I drive down for a few seconds... then I see the Challenger make the turn to.

"Oh shit, its gonna go again! TAPE THE SHIT THIS TIME!"

Light turns red and he gets behind me (we have to make a 45 degree left turn). Light turns green and we leave gently with him ridding my arse. Right about 20 mph he swings into the right lane and floors it. SHIT! So I punch it in 1st, luckily I don't spin too bad in first or when I bang second... but he already had the jump on me and started pulling. He slowly pulled all the way through 2nd but as soon as I banged third we both had to get out of it... so the race ended with us side by side. NICE!

I wish I had the first run recorded! Damn it! Here is the 2nd race... she didn't start it until I had already banged 2nd. SO the video kinda sucks. Hopefully when I get back from my 3 weeks with the Marines, I'll track him down and we can get a good, 3 honk 40 roll.

http://s138.photobucket.com/albums/q268/USMCFieldMP/Race%20Vids/?action=view&current=20080802018.flv

Oh well... it was an awesome race. Guy was like 50yrs old and really cool. He said, "That thing has gotta be Turbo or something."

"Supercharged."

"I like your style! That's good stuff. Sounds good."

Oh, BTW, I have Fujita CAI, Stg2 Injectors, 2.8", GMPP Header, ZZP 2.5" Catless DP, GMPP Cat-back, and a Wick'd t00n. I think that's it for power mods.

Justy
08-02-2008, 10:35 PM
Nice!
Sucks that you didn't get a vid of the first go.

RVCA
08-02-2008, 10:38 PM
Sick story and sick video. Wow to think one of our own is at pace with dodge's top...

Also your car sounds electronically beastly. ha ;)

USMCFieldMP
08-02-2008, 10:42 PM
Nice!
Sucks that you didn't get a vid of the first go.

Yeah... I'm VERY upset about that one. That was one of those Perfect races that has you dancing in your seat when its over.

I told her that she owes me big time. Haha. I'm just happy that I got my race in before tomorrow. I won't get to drive my car again until the 20th... so I definitely went out with a bang!

Sick story and sick video. Wow to think one of our own is at pace with dodge's top...

Also your car sounds electronically beastly. ha ;)

Haha, thanks. And yeah... its pretty amazing. Now I just need to find me a G8 to play with. :cool:

06blackbeauty
08-03-2008, 01:12 AM
Now I just need to find me a G8 to play with. :cool:

i think you would hold up better to a G8 GT, because they both weigh 4100 lbs but the G8 has approx 50 less horses

Muhahahaha.

Oh, BTW, I have Fujita CAI, Stg2 Injectors, 2.8", GMPP Header, ZZP 2.5" Catless DP, GMPP Cat-back, and a Wick'd t00n. I think that's it for power mods.

how's that 2.8 going with your 42's? would you reccomend it without a tune? i would like to downsize from the stg 2 pulley but i want to be safe on my pulley choice.

USMCFieldMP
08-03-2008, 02:03 AM
2.8 with the 42's is fine. I have a Wideband AND an Interceptor to show for it. BUT every car is different... especially when they are in different parts of the world. If you are at a higher elevation, iirc, you should be fine (I'm at like 800ft).

I've ran this set-up for 2 years now with absolutely no problems.

cruisn
08-03-2008, 04:15 AM
I....I....I think I love you!

lol

BigEMU1
08-03-2008, 05:34 AM
Nice run man... he was definately SLOWLY reeling you in. I saw my first one on the road two days ago... in Ashland. Deep black, waxed, clean as a whistle. I was pulling out of the gas station when it passed by... so I floored it thinking "wtf was THAT!?". I figured it was the challenger but when I caught up, they only write "DODGE" across the back, so at first I was a little confused.

It was an SRT-8 with 6.1 badges on the sides. I know nothing about these cars, honestly, I didn't even know they were out yet. What are the specs on them? Were you racing an SRT-8?

Best part is two hot chicks were driving it. LOL HIGH FIVE VERDE NICE!

mrspontiac
08-03-2008, 06:30 AM
That's what I want to give my G5 GT up for is a Dodge Challenger. I've been looking at them on the internet. OMG I'm in love, but I'm the big Dodge fan. Hubby don't want me to have a Dodge. He sucks.

Wickerman
08-03-2008, 06:51 AM
Great story man! Very cool. :cool:

By the way, that thing got a "hemi". lol

USMCFieldMP
08-03-2008, 08:04 AM
Nice run man... he was definately SLOWLY reeling you in. I saw my first one on the road two days ago... in Ashland. Deep black, waxed, clean as a whistle. I was pulling out of the gas station when it passed by... so I floored it thinking "wtf was THAT!?". I figured it was the challenger but when I caught up, they only write "DODGE" across the back, so at first I was a little confused.

It was an SRT-8 with 6.1 badges on the sides. I know nothing about these cars, honestly, I didn't even know they were out yet. What are the specs on them? Were you racing an SRT-8?

Best part is two hot chicks were driving it. LOL HIGH FIVE VERDE NICE!

Yeah... the one i raced was an SRT-8 (You can BARELY see the badge on the front grill in the video). The SRT-8 is the only model available, actually; well... for the 08 model year.

Specs:

Acceleration (0-60 mph): 5.1 sec.
Horsepower: 425 hp
Max Horsepower @ 6200 rpm
Torque: 420 ft-lbs.
Max Torque @ 4800 rpm
Curb Weight: 4140 lbs.

1/4 mile time is said to be 13 flat by Dodge.

LayLah The G5
08-05-2008, 01:22 PM
I just fainted.....

Awsome kill man!

Nighthawk243
08-05-2008, 10:28 PM
The Challengers are one of the few Dodges that will turn my head. I almost stopped at a Dodge dealership to look at one... I feel dirty.

STC2008LT
08-06-2008, 02:08 PM
I havn't seen any Challengers until lately.. our local classic car shop has an orange Challenger up on the spinning rack, with a fence around it.. really nice. Then on my way to get a job app at a local restaurant, I passed by a place that always has a lot of sports cars, and low and behold an orange Challenger up on the show rack there too. Nice kill though, those things are damn quick.

sacrdandprofne
08-06-2008, 02:38 PM
The Challengers are one of the few Dodges that will turn my head. I almost stopped at a Dodge dealership to look at one... I feel dirty.

It puts the lotion on it's skin...
:lol: