A lil after work fun. [Archive] - G5CLUB.net Forums

: A lil after work fun.

G5GT08
08-13-2008, 07:12 PM
So I got off work about 5:00 PM today, and thought I'd take a drive to the Mall in Savannah. Well after I leave and head out I was talking to my girlfriend on the phone. As I'm sitting at a stoplight not paying a bit of attention to her, I glance to my right and see an Orange metallic G5 GT. My ADD immediately kicked in. "Holy sh*t" I said, my gf had thought I hit someone. I said no and told her that I seen another G5 GT. Now mind you around here in southeast Georgia there's not too many G5's, a few Pursuits, but no GT's like mine. So I'm in the turn lane heading in his direction, but he had a good lead on me cuz his traffic had already gone so I had some ground to make up. The light turns green and all you hear is tires squealing. I see him up in the right lane so I start chicaning through all the traffic like I'm in Grand Theft Auto. I catch up to him and I get on it a lil bit to get his attention. He passes and we get on the 204 highway. We take off on the on ramp and it's game on. He apparently didn't know how to shift very well cuz I got up to him to do a roll, and he just dumps it. So needless to say I was upset, but he catches back up and we do a roll at 40. We're flying past traffic and all they see is a blue smear and an orange smear going by. After the run we just take turns passing each other, messing around and then he gets off at an exit and we pull into a gas station and bull for a few. He'd just got it a week before that and hadn't done anything to it yet. He asked what I had, I told him an Injen CAI and Flowmaster exhaust. I tell him I hadn't seen any G5 GT's down here, he said he hadn't either. But that was that and we go our separate ways, but it was just a lil fun after work haha.

karnivor
08-13-2008, 07:14 PM
didnt tell him about the site? shame

RVCA
08-13-2008, 09:29 PM
haha yeah rep the site bro!

I love when there's a G5 next to me and they just look over and nod... and then I nod back and realize they can't see me... first car with tints. still getting used to it...

BigEMU1
08-13-2008, 11:02 PM
Lol I would have smacked him for abusing the car and dumping it like that. He gets out of the car all friendly at the gas station...

"Hey man, nice car what are you...."

*SMACK*

"THAT'S A G5 GT YOU'RE DRIVING! SHOW SOME RESPECT ASSHOLE!"

Haha j/p. But I hope he at least let it break in appropriately before going balls to the wall if he bought it only a week prior.

Did you win?! And what the hell, send that fresh meat our way. Gotta rep the site.

I never see any damn GT's in my area. I've seen like 3 and it's always some old person no doubt driving an automatic that could care less about car modifying or racing. Actually, I don't even see modified G5's period, OR cobalts. Sighage.

G5GT08
08-14-2008, 04:54 AM
Nah I did tell him bout the site so he said he'd check it out. BTW I did beat him, but not by much. We ran for about a mile and then cut it off cuz two GSP, Georgia State Patrol, were parked on the other side of the highway with no median and just itching to catch someone like us.

nair88
08-14-2008, 05:22 AM
sounds like you had fun - and it's cool that you told him about the site :-)

mrspontiac
08-14-2008, 05:51 AM
I wondered if you told him about the site. Go orange. LOL