G5 GT vs. Scion TC [Archive] - G5CLUB.net Forums

: G5 GT vs. Scion TC

NaughtyDawg63
11-16-2008, 01:25 AM
So, i raced my buddy again tonight. We have raced many times, it always being the same. Me pulling away from him by just a little. So tonight we raced, and it was the same story. So he says, I want to change my SRI (injen) to a CAI so that we could race again, just to see what would happen. So, we race again, and the same thing happens. It is 3:00AM when we raced, and we got a guy to film it. Pretty terrible video but its uploading right now onto youtube.

I'll keep you posted

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZNjqFMXEfA

BigEMU1
11-16-2008, 07:26 AM
Lol yeah that was a retarded video... they spent all that time sitting there filming and then cut it out when you guys were actually racing?

Looks like you beat him by a pretty good margin, as to be expected. They're complete dogs without F/I really, I think someone's automatic I know runs either 16.2 or 16.8 (one of the two)... with an intake. I think that's all he's got. Slap on a turbo and for some reason they take really well. They can hit 300whp pretty consistantly.

They're badass cars in their own way though with that sunroof and you can recline the back seat and lay the front ones forward completely.

What are the TC's mods? 5-speed?

Good run.

NaughtyDawg63
11-16-2008, 12:08 PM
the Tc was an auto just like my G5. I did the L gear launch at the start which does help a lot. all he has is an injen CAI, and my mods are in sig. it was a fun little race though no doubt

dre256
11-16-2008, 05:17 PM
For 400 dollars you can get a PCM tune and you'll leave him by a car lenght! :D Nothing he can do about that then without some type of major change, as the imports dont have PCM tunning as cheap or as avaible as the Ford and GM. Chrysler is in its own nightmare of tunning like the imports unfortianly. lol

Nice run! :)

Unfotinally your friend changing from a SRI to a CAI wont do anything really. On a dyno maybe 2more WHP but you'll never notice that.

NaughtyDawg63
12-01-2008, 04:46 PM
I updated the video so there is no longer a long wait period of nothingness haha. and for christmas i am getting retuned dre :)