Profiled by Da Man...AGAIN!!! [Archive] - G5CLUB.net Forums

: Profiled by Da Man...AGAIN!!!

DartBaron
03-09-2009, 08:45 AM
Well, late last week it happened again. I was driving home after work, just after rush hour. I was feeling rather mellow, so I had ol' Gil's cruise set at about 55-57 mph. EVERYone was passing me, I didn't care. Even though Gil's a GT, and I coulda left them ALL behind me, I was chillin', feeling good. THEN I saw him, State Trooper coming up the fast lane. He stopped off my rear bumper, keeping pace with me for about a mile. WTF?!?!?!?!?!!!!!!!! Jeez!!!!!! I'm the ONLY car doing the speed limit, not passing ANYone, and he decides to scope me out!!!! Granted, I'm not perfect and have cheated the limit a time or two, and when by myself on the road, may push 70. BUT, this was traffic, I was doin' good by all accounts and the fuzz got nuthin' to do but to oogle my red GT! It's at a point where I may be tempted to go to the local barracks and offer up a chase somewhere, or something.

toolman
03-09-2009, 08:57 AM
That doesn't happen to me very often, but it bothers me too.

nair88
03-09-2009, 09:14 AM
that sucks! it always gets me all shaken up whenever that happens to me - which luckily, isn't very often.

DartBaron
03-09-2009, 09:39 AM
Goof THINKS he's (she's ?) hidin' in my blind spot, but I've got that area covered! Should I tap the brakes? Roll down the window and wave? Downshift? I tell ya, I'd LOVE to do a Knight Rider Super Pursuit Mode transformation on 'em and rocket off into the distance! Maybe next time (and I KNOW there will be!) I'll just pull over for them and see what the beef is.

bann1315
03-09-2009, 10:35 AM
but he didnt pull you over? lol

thats good.

you should point at your mirror...then your eyes *im watching you*

sacrdandprofne
03-09-2009, 10:37 AM
you should point at your mirror...then your eyes *im watching you*
X2!!!

:lol:

03-09-2009, 02:34 PM
What? Sounds a lil' wacky!! LOL

GTO 1

Nighthawk243
03-09-2009, 04:34 PM
Pretend the officer isn't even there and just hold your (legal) speed. If you start taunting him either verbally or gestures (Including the above mentioned pointing in the mirror), you WILL come under even more scrutiny and thats where they will start nitpicking about crap like "Obstruction of view" minor burned out bulbs...etc.

Unless they turn their light bar on or otherwise direct you to pull over DO NOT pull over... thats something someone who is nervous would do, which of course is going to get you the 3rd degree.

Don't suddenly downshift or brake check them... you'll get lit up in no time.

Also, don't run from them... you drive a G5 and your top speed is (If a GT) at most 130MPH IF you have a tune to raise the limiter. The P71 Crown Victoria can easily do that same speed. Also, there is an old saying: "You cannot outrun the radio". So if you do somehow outrun that particular officer, all he has to do is call his buddies to intercept you up the road.

kingG5
03-09-2009, 04:50 PM
so u didnt get pulled over...i dont see hte problem?

RucHee
03-09-2009, 04:52 PM
He's pointing out that once again, a red sporty car is spotted and immediately assumed to be speeding, which is probably why the cop tailed him for a mile or so, looking for any reason to pull him over...

Not surprising in the least bit, gotta love corruption.

Nighthawk243
03-09-2009, 06:05 PM
He's pointing out that once again, a red sporty car is spotted and immediately assumed to be speeding, which is probably why the cop tailed him for a mile or so, looking for any reason to pull him over...

Not surprising in the least bit, gotta love corruption.

Well... when a cop rides your bumper in the other lane, they're doing a timing method known as "pacing". Basically the officer matches speed for a minimum of a quarter mile (Keeps pace, hence the name of the technique) and uses his patrol car's calibrated speedometer to determine the speed of the vehicle he is pacing. Its considered a valid method, but flawed.

Farmer
03-09-2009, 06:52 PM
Was he looking at you?

Maybe he was just obeying the limit too, far fetched I know.

Hell, he could've been checking out the G5.

If you've done nothing wrong, what is there to be nervous about.

kingG5
03-09-2009, 07:05 PM
Was he looking at you?

Maybe he was just obeying the limit too, far fetched I know.

Hell, he could've been checking out the G5.

If you've done nothing wrong, what is there to be nervous about.

exactly my point....cept im to baked to say it like that haha

Bumblebee
03-09-2009, 07:20 PM
t....cept im to baked to say it like that haha

:lol: least your honest :lol:

Rob
03-09-2009, 07:32 PM
I honestly hate being intentionally tailed... I once in my green cavy, was driving in traffic, switched to the slow lane cuz the fast lane had someone under the speed limit (meanwhile I was still DOING the speed limit) and continued on my way, a cop saw that, pulled me over and asked if i knew how fast I was going... I said speed limit or under... he said... I was going TOO fast and went back to his cruiser then signaled me back to the road to continue... he then was a total ANUS and followed me for the next 15 minutes until hit another town to which he turned around and continued back the way he came.... I hate cops like that... Now I'm not saying I hate the popo or oh shit 5-0... I'm not like that... but I absolutely hate asshat cops... there are many out there who do their job & keep us safe.... props to them, all the reason to become a police officer myself (I wouldn't mind a career in that!) but the ones who are asshats trying to cause problems or make reasons to arrest people.... thats just flawed and I hate it when they do that... almost like when I was charged for second degree criminal trespassing for being in a parking lot as a passenger........... you know? Or getting lazered at 72km/h in a 70km/h and getting a 192$ speeding ticket (yes this happened to me when I first got my car!!!)... keep in mind in MPH, thats only not even a mile over the limit?

springerdesigner
03-09-2009, 08:03 PM
try driving a blacked out g5 with flashy ass rims and a bangin' ass system and then talk about the police "harassment"

;)

venom
03-09-2009, 08:25 PM
this reminds me of the commercial of the car that is parked outside of a house and an old guy walks out and yells...slow down!(because its a fast looking car)

DartBaron
03-10-2009, 07:27 AM
I wouldn't mind the whole scenario much if he had done it to other cars to. But he didn't! And I saw him coming up from far off behind me. I knew exactly what he was doing, could also been looking for seatbelt use (hard to see, I'm guessing). Nevermind that EVERYone else was passing me!! What spooge, male, in a red sports car, in their right mind, would be going slow??!!? Minimum speed is 15mph under the limit. Probably get a bumper sticker (hate them, but might serve a purpose) where I can 'hash' off the number of times...aw fuq it, that could be read as an invite to pull me over. CRAP!!! I can't win! So nice to know 5-0 is after law-abiders, and not the schmoes that don't use turn signals properly, or the I-own-the-road attitude drivers. I feel much safer...NOT!!!!

Nighthawk243
03-10-2009, 03:26 PM
He could look for seatbelts all day, but he cannot pull you over only for not wearing one in PA. Its considered a secondary offense, which is something they have to tack on to something you're already getting.

DartBaron
03-11-2009, 10:07 AM
Last I knew, seatbelts are now a primary offense like tail light out or expired plates. For a time, they were only chargeable if pulled over for something else. But, they evolved into their current status as part of the process.

kingG5
03-11-2009, 10:13 AM
try driving a blacked out g5 with flashy ass rims and a bangin' ass system and then talk about the police "harassment"

;)

yah man i hear yah...add a body kit to that and it gets worse...i had to put "baby on board" signs on my car to stop the tailing. it worked.

but really they are just doin their jobs, if they want to pull me over and give me a ticket i hope that they show up in court or its not getting paid lol.

Rob
03-11-2009, 10:25 AM
yah man i hear yah...add a body kit to that and it gets worse...i had to put "baby on board" signs on my car to stop the tailing. it worked.

but really they are just doin their jobs, if they want to pull me over and give me a ticket i hope that they show up in court or its not getting paid lol.
ROFL at the court systems in BC.... From disputes, I have won 3/4 tickets! Saving myself almost $1600

kingG5
03-11-2009, 10:32 AM
ROFL at the court systems in BC.... From disputes, I have won 3/4 tickets! Saving myself almost $1600

lol thats why we still have a 43% discount hahaha

Rob
03-11-2009, 10:43 AM
lol thats why we still have a 43% discount hahaha
lucky you! I have a 30% premium which is almost 100% more than what you pay!

ringflyer
03-11-2009, 04:39 PM
Wow, you got tailed. What young driver in a new car doesn't? Drive how you should, don't pull over unless he's actually pulling you over, and get on with life. Just be glad he didn't pull you over and THEN LOOK for something to give you a ticket...

kingG5
03-11-2009, 04:41 PM
lucky you! I have a 30% premium which is almost 100% more than what you pay!
109/month hahaha with full coverage and 3 million liabilty and replacement.

Rob
03-11-2009, 05:17 PM
109/month hahaha with full coverage and 3 million liabilty and replacement.

wow... I pay TRIPLE that :(

kingG5
03-11-2009, 05:39 PM
ghahah it would be cheaper if dana didnt need the crazy insurance for work. my blazer with the same is 98/month

Nighthawk243
03-11-2009, 06:41 PM
Mines 117/mo for full coverage with 500 Deductable for collision and 100 for comp. Thats with one collision claim. State Farm doesn't seem to care about traffic citations except when creating a new policy, so my ticket for blowing a rolling stop doesn't affect it.

kingG5
03-11-2009, 06:42 PM
my dductible is 300