Installing cams?

G5Club.net is the premier Pontiac G5 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Installing cams?

Either find someone GOOD with HPTuners or buy HPTuners and tune it yourself. I would highly suggest avoid Trifecta.

I also highly suggest removing your Tapatalk sig.
    - R 0 B 3 R T 0 -

2. Remove Advertisements
    Pontiac G5 Forum
    Advertisements

just curious how hard is it to install cams in this car, i know my monte carlo is easy !

My brother says it looks easy since has has taken a few 2.2s apart before. He was the one suggesting me to do it and I'm going to get a tune first some guy is around my area charges me $200 for the trifecta tune.
    ▼C.R.A.V.3▼

You have to know to either time the motor correctly or keep the current timing correct.
    09 G5 - ZZP 3" CAI, 2.9" Ported S/C, ZZP midlength header/DP combo, ZZP 2.5" Magnaflow catback, tuned

Slushbox - Banging gears

Not hard at all. If you were to ever do it, you just need to make sure you replace the Cam Bolts (the 2 bolts that hold the cam gears to the cams) at they are TTY. Aside from that, timing the engine is the most difficult part, I'd say... and its really not that difficult.
    - R 0 B 3 R T 0 -

My brother would basicly be helping me out if I do because he has installed cams on other cars before and replaced one on a cobalt 2.2
    ▼C.R.A.V.3▼

I've heard something about not being able to cam some of the newer models because of the cam position sensor or something. Anyone heard anything like this? I'm thinking maybe you can't install cams on the vvt's because of this?

Quote Originally Posted by hotwheeldude07_2.2 View Post
    I've heard something about not being able to cam some of the newer models because of the cam position sensor or something. Anyone heard anything like this? I'm thinking maybe you can't install cams on the vvt's because of this?
    I haven't heard that before.. I would like to find more on this.. ill look into see what I find. I haven't looked into getting it cammed soon though so I don't know much yet.
    ▼C.R.A.V.3▼

i have the cam timing holder tool if you want to buy it

Oh its fine my brother has it at his shop thanks though
    ▼C.R.A.V.3▼

+ Reply to Thread

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Nobody landed on this page from a search engine, yet!
SEO Blog