First time at the drag strip

G5Club.net is the premier Pontiac G5 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: First time at the drag strip

Default First time at the drag strip

This was my first time at the strip and I'm glad to say I went. Just an adrenaline rush.
    My car is bone stock performance wise so that's why I went.
    Next month, I am looking to get the 2.5 downpipe and exhaust system from ZZP.
    Anyone know how fast I could be running then? Out of 5 runs, here's my best:

R/T: .1108
    60 ft 2.6171
    330 ft 7.1972
    1/8 ET 10.9733
    1/8 MPH 65.68
    1/4 ET 16.9601
    1/4 MPH 80.35

2. Remove Advertisements
    Pontiac G5 Forum
    Advertisements

Hell of an R/T there.

If your 1/4 times are consistent then I think bracket racing is in your future.
    Oh Hai

I did a 16.5 at 83.03 mph

My mods are 2.5in Cat-back and a tune.
    I'm an auto.

You should be around that or alittle faster.
    16.9 is what I did stock.

[insert signature here]

I haven't gone to the track but I was planning to today but got a flat yesterday lol
    ▼C.R.A.V.3▼

I bet with an intake, headers and HF Cat, you could knock off an whole second. Suspension makes a major difference too. Just some stiff springs would compensate for that engine rolling back and you would get traction much faster. Only major downside is the Automatic part. That robs your car of some time that you can never recover. But the Ecotec system is pretty good in that regard... or so I have read.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by SF_Law View Post
    I bet with an intake, headers and HF Cat, you could knock off an whole second. Suspension makes a major difference too. Just some stiff springs would compensate for that engine rolling back and you would get traction much faster. Only major downside is the Automatic part. That robs your car of some time that you can never recover. But the Ecotec system is pretty good in that regard... or so I have read.
    I beat a standard real good at the track haha.
    He had the same mods too.
    He sucks at driving.

And I need to upgrade my suspension cuz I spun all the way through first and got traction half way through second.
    [insert signature here]

Yeah buddy. Some springs and some good sticky tires. I have used cooper and nitto. Nitto neo gens have cut down my wheel spin by half in first and completely eliminated wheel spin in second and they're cheaper too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Intake, tune, catback, 2.4mani, junk tires got me a 14.9 in the quarter mile. However my car is a stick.

+ Reply to Thread

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Nobody landed on this page from a search engine, yet!
SEO Blog