Chime and stereo instalation!

G5Club.net is the premier Pontiac G5 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Chime and stereo instalation!

Default Chime and stereo instalation!

I recently bought a 2008 G5 from an auction. The drivers side front speaker didn't work at all. I removed it and im trying to figure out what size I need to look for. Ive heard 5, 6.5, and 6.25. Which one is it? and can I install different brand of speakers? for example; kicker. Would I have to screw them into my door panel? I also would like to know how to turn my blinker chimes on.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Pontiac G5 Forum
    Advertisements

Your drivers side speaker runs all of the chimes so if the speaker does not work your chimes do not work. Replace the speaker and all of your chimes will work. As for the size I am not sure what it is.

G5 n00b

Are you referring to the very small tweeter speaker on the driver's side door, up where the window goes up, or the larger speaker down near the bottom of the door?

For a long time, the warning chimes for when the headlights are left on have not worked, and after I accidently left the headlights on over night, and ran the battery down, after the car was jump started, the warning chimes do not work when my seat belt is not fastened, although the indicator light that they are not fastened does work.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Pontiac G5 Forum
    Advertisements

"to punish and enslave" toolman's Avatar

Its the larger speaker down near the bottom of the door.

+ Reply to Thread

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Nobody landed on this page from a search engine, yet!
SEO Blog