09 G5 door lock question

G5Club.net is the premier Pontiac G5 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 09 G5 door lock question

Default 09 G5 door lock question

Hey all, newbie here. Hope someone can help out with this. My sons' girlfriend just bought a 2009 G5 and the lock cylinder doesn't engage the door lock, the key can turn both clockwise and counter clockwise but the lock doesn't engage, there is none of the slight resistance when you usually turn a door key. You can lock and unlock it from the inside though. I'm new to G5's so if anyone's had this issue maybe you can tell me if its perhaps just a clip on the lock cylinder to the locking rod or some such thing. I haven't pulled the door panel yet so I just wanted an idea of what it may be before I dove into it. Any help pointing me in the general direction is greatly appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Pontiac G5 Forum
    Advertisements

"to punish and enslave" toolman's Avatar

I don't know the answer to your question, but you'll have to remove the door panel regardless of what the problem is. Might as well take it off and take a look at what's going on.

I was just wondering if someone had had this issue and was curious as to whether it had been a cylinder issue is all. Since its really cold here I just wanted a general heads up.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Pontiac G5 Forum
    Advertisements

I have not had the G5 door panel off yet, but most car have a plastic retaining clip that attaches a rod to the lock cylinder and the latch.
    My guess is one of them is broken. Like Luke said, pull the door panel off and have a look.
    ...CHERRY'S PICS...
    Sometimes I know, Sometimes I don't !

Prius economy, V8 Power !

Seems it must be missing a rod.

+ Reply to Thread

Visitors found this page by searching for:

g5 door latch site:www.g5club.net

SEO Blog