Magnaflow

G5Club.net is the premier Pontiac G5 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Magnaflow

G5 n00b

Default Magnaflow

I i put a new magnaflow exaust on my 07 gt and it sounds good not as loud as I wanted but still sounds good.. unfortunately when I get on it seems like I've lost power any ideas?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Pontiac G5 Forum
    Advertisements

G5 regular

how about general maintenance items, the air filter and fuel filter are clean, the plugs have under 100K on them.

G5 n00b

Yeah did plugs and air filter same time I did exaust..never did my fuel filter thougb

5. Remove Advertisements
    Pontiac G5 Forum
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Brady18 View Post
    I i put a new magnaflow exaust on my 07 gt and it sounds good not as loud as I wanted but still sounds good.. unfortunately when I get on it seems like I've lost power any ideas?
    When you say 'exhaust', was that only the muffler, or something else, too?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I got a 2.25" stainless magnaflow single-cat downpipe and a 2.25" stainless magnaflow catback, on my 2.2l g5. It sounds absolutely amazing, really deep sound and it's nothing like a civic fartcan. Some friends often thought the sound was a mustang everytime I'd pull up in a parking lot haha. However, I did realize that the 1st gear pull is a little slower and my fuel economy went down a bit (but maybe that's from all the fuel I'm burning in my headers in exchange for the sweet sound of pops & crackles). Maybe it's because I lost a little bit of backpressure upgrading from a 1.5" to a 2.25". Yet still, I would never go back to a stock exhaust.

Partly the car adjusting to is new conditions, MOSTLY, it's your right foot loving tbe gas pedal. Things should smooth out. 😀 The pops and crackles are only cold/hot gas pressures colliding.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Nobody landed on this page from a search engine, yet!
SEO Blog