G5 Club banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have or seen a G5 Base/Sport (NO GT's) that has larger aftermarket lights installed where the black plastic OE FOG LIGHT frames were removed? Does each frame (left and right) come off independently? And does the bumper look bad with the frames removed (brackets or parts sticking out)?

I'd basically like to mount a nice set of dual bulb/lens driving lights in the empty spaces where the fog light surrounds were. I'm keeping the center piece below the grill because I think it complements the grill, but IMHO the fog light housings on either side look really cheesy and take away from the lines of the vehicle.

So if anyone could point me in the right direction here with what I'm trying to accomplish, I'd appreciate some pictures or suggestions.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
" You might be a ricer if you have ever considered installing more than one set of fog / driving lights"

BTW, welcome to G5 Club. Be sure to introduce yourself in the "New Member Intros" section

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
HAHA - No you di-n't....

Nah, I'm just one of those junkies who likes to light up all the road signs for a mile ahead of me and see deer walking around 20 feet into the woods on each side. No headlights or OEM "pinhead" fog lights are gonna accomplish that.

The driving lights I want are one housing but have two bulbs and lenses.

If it weren't for windy roads, woods and confusing intersections, I don't think I'd mess with the car.. lol

G

·
th0ughtless said:
" You might be a ricer if you have ever considered installing more than one set of fog / driving lights"
You would steal my thunder wouldnt you?

If you wanna know what he's talking about intruder, read my "you might be a ricer if.." thread in the off topic forum.

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Heh, I just had to throw that in.

As far as lighting goes. Have you considered purchasing HIDs instead of some bright ass foglights?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hey, if you wanna sell those old fogs and inserts, I'll give you my non fog inserts and buy your stuff for a reasonable price. Without the inserts there it looks like total ass if you want an opinion. I took my passenger side one off to do the resonator delete mod, and it looked bad. I want some OEM fogs, but the stealership wants WAY to much for a fog light.

And a great place for those fogs you're talking bout is behind the center Grill. You will NEVER know they are there, and they light up just a good thru the center grill than with nothing infront of it.

This is just my opinion on how it looks and how it should be done, but if you wanna do the fogs and wanna get rid of the oem, I'll buy and give you my grill inserts.

Steven

1 - 7 of 7 Posts