G5 Club banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These apparently aren't that common yet but they were on several of the cars on the lot when I bought mine. Also have heard some discussion that they may be US only(?) although the picture with the part number shows them made in Canada.

Tires on these are 205-55x16 Hankooks

You can click on these for larger pictures.

When you unbolt the plastic wheel cover -- which doesn't require removing the lugs actually holding the wheel on -- you see the styled steel wheel.

This is the plastic cover backside.

Part number

Plastic cover lines right up with the 10 spoke alloy wheel used on the 2005 G6. Same bolt pattern, too. 5x110

The G6 16 inch alloy

This a closeup of the assembled wheel and cover on the G5.

·
'07 Black GT Coupe
2,400 Posts
thanks for posting that

I want 'em so bad!

I hope I can find steelies like that that aren't GM wheels and therefore that are cheaper.

do they have a name or I shall ask for "styled" 5 spokes steelies?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Haven't seen a name other than The "preferred package" called them "Wheel, 16" (40.6 cm) custom spoke".

Note that if you plan to use the plastic cover, they require a different lug nut with threads for the cover to fasten to.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The lugnut has an outside thread for the plastic jobbers to attach. It's a fairly standard GM nut.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Yeah these are available in Canada, when I bought my '07 G5 this was called a Hi-Vent Wheel Package (not sure of the code). I was unsure as to what these were until I arrived at the dealership to take delivery and realized that these are basically glorified hubcaps and not alloy wheels like I had thought. But now that I am used to them the look exactly like alloys and are no doubt a LOT cheaper and the covers do fit on them PERFECTLY. They are now putting the same type of wheels on the G6's and Chevy Malibu's, and I have seen them on the '07 Cobalt's too now that I think of it... ALSO, I bumped a curb a few weeks ago :oops: and scratched one of mine up, so if anyone is looking to sell one of the covers, I would be very interested...

G

·
0 Posts
My mom has those wheels, I dont know if its cause it was new or not, but they get BLACK AS HELL, from the brake dust.

Ive learned you dont need to spend $30 on wheel cleaners, Windex will do the job easy, along with those magic erasers, and your in business.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I also saw a similar wheel and plastic cap on a G6 in the parking garage but they are 17s with Hankook tires on them.

·
Registered
830 Posts
BTY Elit3 said:
My mom has those wheels, I dont know if its cause it was new or not, but they get BLACK AS HELL, from the brake dust.

Ive learned you dont need to spend $30 on wheel cleaners, Windex will do the job easy, along with those magic erasers, and your in business.
Windex will do the job to get the EXACT same wet shine like your tires came straight off the lot? I some how doubt that.

·
Registered
328 Posts
My 07 came with the 16" styled steel rims. Way better then normal steel rims. Going to buy some nice rims in spring and keep these for winter driving.

G

·
0 Posts
tank said:
Windex will do the job to get the EXACT same wet shine like your tires came straight off the lot? I some how doubt that.
Yeah tank, because I wouldnt believe it either, BUT I was talking about the wheels, not the tires.

·
Anyone need a beer?
210 Posts
I have these, hit a pot hole and as the tire absorbed the pressure it cracked the cap, rim is fine...

SUCKS...

·
Premium Member
6,690 Posts
those actually look pretty good, i could style those on my car, lol. with some hardcore racing rubber, would look sweet.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts