G5 Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I'm not a G5, but that I'd add to the fun. This is my best on street tires. Front tires were deflated to 26psi, rears inflated to 40psi. If the mods don't feel like this post is appropriate then go ahead and delete it.

I'm mostly stock. Only mods are CAI, ETD, and GM intercooler dual pass endplate with option B install including secondary coolant surge tank.

·
Registered
6,037 Posts
Its ok... Cobalts are just as much invited to post on this forum their drag times and what not as a G5 is 8) . Not much of a difference between the cars other than the grill and tail lights.

·
Premium Member
711 Posts
Very nice run! Your a 2.4 or a SC? I'll see what I can do about the list in a little while about adding a misc section to add outside G5 memebers. As you can see in the pic, am not a G5 either :p

·
Premium Member
10,371 Posts
^^ x2 were you having problems launching? sc's should be in the 14's no problem. esp with some mods like you have

·
Premium Member
711 Posts
Renesis said:
uh, I thought stock SC's ran better times than that!
They should run with an average driver 14.8-14.9. But remember its manual only so he might not be use to manual yet. Also track might have had poor traction so it could go either way a good 2.4 run or a poor SC run, its on the border and thats why I asked :p

·
Registered
54 Posts
That timeslip is some what confusing. Your 60' time is exellent. The launch is usually what holds back the ss/sc so thats where Im confused. What elevation are you at?

EDIT: Just read your sig. That crazy elevation should explain the time.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Altitude

I thought I saw somewhere that times that were adjusted for altitude wouldn't be considered for the list. But, to answer everybody's question I live at ~4,500'. The corrected altitude out here is anywhere from 7,000 - 11,000 feet. Any lower and it is raining. I am running the LSJ which is the 2.0SC. My wife's sedan has the 2.4 w/ 5-speed and she is running 17.0 - 17.1. I'm very use to driving a manual. It just took some time to get used to the power and fwd. If there was a little lag it might be different, but it is an SC so there is no lag. Theoretically speaking, I think that if I were to run at/near sea level I could get around 14.5 or lower. Also, my mods are not substantial power adders. I got them done first so that the car could support more power when it came to racing. I currently have some AEM suspension rods I'm getting ready to install. We'll see how much helps with launch.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Holy shit, 17.0 for the 2.4 Sedan? That elevation must be frustrating. I have no doubt that you'd get a 14.4 or 14.5 for your SS/SC with sea level elevation.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts