G5 Club banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
'07 Black GT Coupe
2,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm already starting to plan for my winter rims

I want to go with 16" steelies and I'd like to have Pontiac covers on them so that it'll look a bit less 'el cheapo than with nothing on it and I don't want canadian tire covers!

SO what I want to know is what other Pontiac cars have 16" wheel covers that would fit?

The G6 base sedan had nice ones but they're 5x105 I think, and ours are 5x100

also do I have to worry with the offset when buying a steel rim?

and how wide would the rim need to be if I want to go with 195/60R16 but there aren't many choices with that size so I may have to go with 205/55R16

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Usually with that size tire, it would be a 7.5 inch rim. I never saw a 195/60 on a 16 inch rim, usually something that small would be on a 15 inch rim. My car has 195/60/15 on stock steelies.

·
Registered
341 Posts
u know what, i have black steelies for my winters and i left them with no hubcap and on my black G5 they looked pretty good. i understand what ur saying about them lloking cheap on any other car but with a black one they look pretty good.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Renesis said:
Someone has 18" G6 wheels here, but the bolt pattern is different, would it still fit?

I want their 16" covers
If you have four stud wheels the G6 wheels will not fit. (duh)

But I believe the five stud G5 wheels are 5x110, same as the G6...

·
Registered
86 Posts
Take a look at the wheels on mine in my sig picture. Those are steel wheels with a plastic cover. Might suit your purpose well either with or without the covers.

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Oh yea, I saw a malibu with wheels like that when I was working at the tire shop. They're actually in the shape of a 5 prong wheel(whatever you call it) with a plastic cover to simulate an aluminum wheel. I couldn't even tell it was just a cover at first, till I was about to remove the wheel.

·
'07 Black GT Coupe
2,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
rkh said:
Take a look at the wheels on mine in my sig picture. Those are steel wheels with a plastic cover. Might suit your purpose well either with or without the covers.
are those 16"? 5x100?

where did you get them? first time I've seen a G5 with these! they look good

EDIT: just seen you guys in US can have these, wonder if dealer here could order them.

and the special steelies are very expensive, do you know if they make universal steelies that would fit nicely with these covers?

·
Registered
86 Posts
They're 16 inch and came from the factory. They're part of the "Preferred" package on a US G5 Base Coupe. Not sure of the bolt pattern but believe them to be 5x110.
They've got 205-55x16 Hankook tires.

·
Registered
86 Posts
You edited while I was replying.
I don't believe they'll work with the "regular" 16 inch solid (with little round holes) wheel as the spoke cover overlaps and wraps in on the sides of the steel wheel spoke.

·
'07 Black GT Coupe
2,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
haha thanks, but yeah, total ripoff

I'm either looking at a cheap set of wheels like yours, which I love, or I'll just go with cheapo steelies and no wheel covers.

don't you want to buy wheels for your car and sell those steelies to me? :p

·
Registered
86 Posts
Can't fault you for that...but I ain't gonna enter into THAT deal! :lol:
I hope to verify tomorrow but I believe those are 5x110 which is the same as the G6, Malibu, late GrandAm, Alero, Saab (not sure of the model) and I believe the Saturn L300.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts