G5 Club banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm buying a set of 18's but all I can find are 18 x 7.5 ... does the 7.5 mean anything? or is it just .5 inches bigger than the 17 x 7's?

·
'07 Black GT Coupe
2,400 Posts
of course it does, if it's too wide it'll rub and you'll need spacers and then it'll stick out too much.

it will obviously have an impact on the size of tires you're going to need too!

·
Resident Troll
5,921 Posts
i have 18x 7.5s with a 215 45r 18 tire. it rubs extremely minorly in tight turns, but if you got a 215 40r 18 you should have no rubbing at all.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Just make sure the tire you get isn't quite so big. I haven't checked the clearance issues yet but from the fellow who posted before id go with his advice.

Before doing anything though, if you have a friend who has similar type wheels and tires maybe try test fitting to make sure you arn't going to have clearance issues.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well I want 18's but the website im getting them from has 18 x 7 but not anything I like ... they have 17 x 7's but I don't know if I want 17's :p

·
Banned
3,377 Posts
18's are too bling for me heh.

They also make your disc's look retarded.

·
Banned
3,377 Posts
Well, I've got 215/45/17's on. Go with a larger diameter tire than I have though, or lower your car. My car looks lifted at the front haha.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
haha. I'm ordering a wheel and tire package from wheelsnext.com ... I got a sport compact magazine and it had an ad for them with free shipping to canada and decent tire packages considering where the canadian dollar is sitting right now :D

·
Resident Troll
5,921 Posts
no not lowered. i wish it was. if i lowered it i would probably have to run a 40 tire

1 - 15 of 15 Posts