G5 Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Engine has 145K km and looks like I'm keeping this G5 until either it or I die. Got the Seafoam cleaner but have not been able to locate a vacuum line in the engine into which to add the magic liquid.

Any pointers would be most welcome, eh?

Have scoured the G5Club.net site and the Cobalt forums as well to no avail.

Pictures would be wonderful, but can understand an explanation in words if all else fails.

Thanks!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, utsadude. I'll look under the hood for this location when the horizon goes down again and the big light shows in the Eastern sky.

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
sounds right...i think that might be the one that goes to the brake booster

brake booster line also works

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks one and all. With my limited understanding will do my best. Will report the results back here later. In the bigger picture, I plan to treat both the engine and the automatic transmission with RVS technology, that adds a ferrosilicate layer to worn ferrous metallic surfaces, essentially restoring the specs. You can check it out here: http://www.rvs-tec.ca/information/howitworks.html

More later!

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
you might as well do the full deal...

1. seafoam

2. fuel filter

3. air filter

4. spark plugs

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OK, everyone. Added the magick liquid (Seafoam) to a vacuum line, not sure which one, and waited the 5 minutes. Started up but no smoke.
Meanwhile, the G5 recently threw a code and the engine idiot light is on steadily. Also, have started to experience some hard shifting in the automatic transmission.
Any thoughts out there?
I mean, constructive thoughts???

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Don't have a picture just yet. Will make the attempt, as I am somewhat technologically inept. (When I was in University, computers were the size of buildings and programs were on punch cards).
Location of rectangular grey box is to the right of the engine and left of the brake fluid reservoir. I removed the anterior (front) line (black) as it was the only one I could identify (my bad), ran the engine while I let it drink of the nectar of the (automotive) gods.
Have I offended the deities in my ignorance?
Yer Pal,
Kanaloa

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes indeed, that is the line I used. How badly did I mess up?
BTW, the check engine light went out all on its own earlier today, only to reappear later. Arrrrrggggghhhhh!
Will be getting a ScanGauge Monday and reset that rascally code.
I have one sales call tomorrow (Saturday) about 14 minutes from my home. Will check on the mysterious light of the "check engine" at that time and place.
The saga continues...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts