G5 Club banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
After having them for as long as I have (I'd have to check my records to see when exactly I installed them), they are really soft when driving normally. In fact, a cross-wind really sways the car. Their strength is their variable spring rate in medium to hard cornering. If you're looking for something stiff for drag racing, I don't think these are for you. I've seen a bunch of good reviews for the Road Magnet springs on cobaltss.net; they might be something to look into.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Congrats on the longevity of your ride!

I'm closing in on 400K km (240K mi) with an 07 automatic sedan that started life as a daily rental.

Any special car care tips you'd care to pass along???

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
12,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Time sure flies by, and so do the miles.

^This was from a few weeks ago. Oddly, it was making me hungry for some pie...

I replaced both front wheel bearing (for the second time) as well as the sway bar end links yesterday. Both VVT solenoids also got changed last night. I'll be turning over 320,000 miles on my drive home tonight.

·
Premium Member
12,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If anyone is curious, I've replaced:
the tires three times - two sets of Goodyear Eagle GT, now Eagle Sport (hate them)
pads & rotors twice - Hawk HPS pads and R1 Concept premier rotors
struts & shocks twice - GM FE5, now Koni Yellows
springs twice - Pedders, now Powel YYZ
sway bar end links twice - Moog, now Powergrid
control arm bushings - Moog problemsolver, and they need to be replaced again.
headlights - only God knows how many headlight bulbs I've replaced over the years. Silverstar Ultras only last about a year, so probably 24 bulbs total.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts