G5 Club banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saturday my dash blinked a few times, killed my engine, I pulled over and was about to jump it and then tried to restart for s&g's and it did. 5 minutes into my 45 min drive, my instrument panel won't work, no rpm, no gas gauge, dashed line across the digital display, no idea how fast in going , there are also 3 lights on, parking brake (is not engaged, I assure you), airbag light (faulty passenger sensor) and my anti theft light. I have 2 keys for my car, one with no chip to open the door and one with a chip to start the car, well the one with no chip...also starts my car now. I'm EXTRA confused and I'm no slouch in the garage.

·
Registered
'Gremlin' the 07 G5GT (913L)
130 Posts
How many miles/kms?
Saturday my dash blinked a few times, killed my engine,
Blinked what? Or do you mean like flickered out
I have 2 keys for my car, one with no chip to open the door and one with a chip to start the car, well the one with no chip...also starts my car now
Do you mean the pog/fob? I know I dont have chipped keys but Im an '07
Just a 'totally crazy' question but where'd you buy it? They got a good rep?

Shot in the dark with the little bit of info, test your Alternator & its connections

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Battery tested at 11.8 volts.
I figured out that starter killswitch situation and uninstalled it. Starter relay is good. Not sure about the alternator cause the car won't run. I turn the key, I get check engine, airbag, anti theft, nothing blinks, all solid. No codes are being thrown. I hear no clicks, I hear no fuel pump start up there is power to everything, radio lights up and displays time but won't turn on. I tried the whole re ground the tcm thing, nothing. I'm about to have it towed to a shop and I know I can't afford it.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Ive never been able to start a car off of anything less than 12.2. If the starter relay is good then it might be your starter motor unless u hear it spinning. Check ur BCM connection on the battery if the radio wont turn on, I believe the Fuel Pump and Starter both run through it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Okay. So far today, I checked out my grounds and they seem fine. I tried the grounding of the tcm, still just a single click, I removed the starter relay and and tried to jump the starter with a wire and it wanted to start but wouldn't turn over. Am I correct in thinking I need a new starter? Or is my fuel pump shot?

·
Registered
130 Posts
If the starter motor was spinning when you jumped it, it should be ok, and if the fuel pump wasnt making noise then I would say it might be dead as long as the relay is still good. How many miles are on the car?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
167k and to be honest I have been running it kind of low since the gas crisis. Mostly because these days it doesn't seem like the gas is that good, like it runs out faster.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I have been running it kind of low since the gas crisis. Mostly because these days it doesn't seem like the gas is that good, like it runs out faster.
Yea, I would try the fuel pump and do the fuel filter while ur at it. Running most pumps with low fluid for an extended time, a 'Dry Pump', will wear it out pretty fast. Test it ofc before you buy. iirc you can access it through a panel on the passenger side of the trunk, I would suggest removing the rear seats for more working room. And Id try to keep it above an 1/8 tank these are only 10gallons.
And the reason your fuel may not last as long is the E15 Summer Gas thing to help lower prices. Dont put it in your mower, itll eat through the seals. Stewarts (NorthEast Only) sells Non-Ethanol 91, thats what these are tuned for Stock.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ive never been able to start a car off of anything less than 12.2. If the starter relay is good then it might be your starter motor unless u hear it spinning. Check ur BCM connection on the battery if the radio wont turn on, I believe the Fuel Pump and Starter both run through it.
---------------
Sodium Hypo Chlorite

1 - 11 of 11 Posts