G5 Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering if my car is just special. Got new tires on the car and Firestone replace one of the sensors with Dynamic DVT-P3152. I had to replace a rim due to one being damaged so the new sensor was installed as the one on the replacement rim was bad.

Picked car up and the TPMS light is on. Guy at the shop said to simply use my key fob to reset. Well, I never got one with the car. So, trusty Youtube has instructions. Following them has not worked.

On page 3-50 of my 2008 Owners Manual, it tells you how to enter into the DIC personalization mode to set many things, one of which is supposed to be the "Tire Learn" mode. I can enter the learn modes by pushing the 'information' and 'reset (one with the little arrow thing). Problem is that it goes through the menu of items but the 'Tire Learn' does not appear. All the others do. So I can't seem to make mine work. Any ideas?

BTW - on page 5-61 of the manual, it provides instructions to set the TPMS without the fob (remote keyless entry deal) but says to push the INFO and Set/Rest buttons at the same time. Doing this, the computer never enters into the learn mode to even pic the "Tire Learn" option.

Looking for help

·
Administrator
12,835 Posts
I think you have to push the info + reset buttons while the key is in the "on" position without starting the engine. I have a 2007 without the TPMS, but I think that is how you get into the settings.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes - that's what the owner's manual says to do for the Tire Learn screen. My car just won't get into that mode. Tried many times; feel like a moron but it just not working....thanks for your reply.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Had to hook up a OBD II scanner to the car to put in the tire learn mode. My DIC buttons just don't work...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts