G5 Club banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Super Moderator
604 Posts
My bad, I've been offline. If you've gone ahead with the return (I would have) that almost looks like an older stock as Cherry said.

Reactions: Dab

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Ok, sorry it's been a good month but I've been working a lot; so here's an Update. Everything but the tune is acquired, room is full of parts...EVERYWHERE lol. Today I deleted the stock exhaust and started mounting the new one. Boy ohhh boy I tell you that was a pain in the ass!! Thankfully all the nuts + 3 studs came out with out issues, soaked it with PB the night before and they all came out. However, I can't say the same for the Downpipe & rest of exhaust. Ended up just cutting the rest off in a couple chunks...Thank you Dremel!!! Now for the headers; I had to mod the lower right of it so it could seat correctly. There was a part of the flange that wasn't flush due to it hitting the engine. Not sure why it was like this, but I fixed it. The stud holes were also misaligned, so I had I go up a size with a drill. Finally after probably the 20th try to get it to seat flush, it went home! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: I got 90% of the nuts & studs in & tight before the sun vanished. Mind you I was doing this without a lift, so it was no easy task. All there is left is the downpipe and resonator & tighten it all up; the back-end I installed first to get the easy stuff out of the way. Maybe 2-3hrs left and the exhaust is done. My body hurts! Time for a Beer!!! or 7......

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Oh!! I forgot to mention... I roasted a Lancer right before I deleted the stock exhaust; man that felt good!!! Hahaha!!

21 - 24 of 24 Posts