G5 Club banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2009 Pontiac G5 " 120 Harness needed when installing after market deck"** Please help

Alright guys so here is my problem! I was talking with one of the installers at a local future shop and he had said that with my year, ( or the 2007-2009 ) i need some sort of an additional wire harness when wiring my stereo, to allow the three lights directly under my stereo ( Air bag on, air bag off and seat belt ) to work and function properly. My first thought was to just marette these spare wires for the lights and leave them un plugged, as those lights are not a nessecity. HOWEVER im worried that it may affect some electrical down the road, or even worse affect my air bags during a crash.

- The best part of it all is that this Harness is $120 .....

Please, help out?

·
2+2= <*)))><
12,521 Posts
Thats bullshit. Those lights are in no way connected to the radio harness. Tell that shop to go fuck someone else in the ass because yours is exit only.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Thats bullshit. Those lights are in no way connected to the radio harness. Tell that shop to go fuck someone else in the ass because yours is exit only.
100% truth.

You can see for yourself, just take off your dash trim around the stereo and you'll see the plug connected directly to those lights. Follow that harness and you will clearly see it doesn't connect to the radio harness IN ANY WAY.

You will, however, need a 'fancy' harness to keep all your dings and dong's for your seatbelt, turn signals, etc.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Mine is an 09 and didn't need that crap when the shop did my system. I agree with utsadude EXIT ONLY man !!!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm gonna let you know right now, I work at a future shop installing car audio and the whole air bag thing is a total myth. the sales people just sell it to make extra money on commission. every time a customer asks me if they need the "special module" i just tell them don't bother, and they seem to be pretty happy that i save them $100 or more.

·
Registered
17,578 Posts
future shop does not hire licensed installers, they hire punk ass teenagers who do hack jobs and are not worth the dirt on the floor in the bay they work in.

take you stereo install to a REAL stereo shop and not future shop or best buy.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Sonic Electronix says i need a Scosche GM13SR harness and a Scosche CRAB / CRA Antenna adapter, runs 130$ all together. this true?
i have a AVH-P3300BT, not yet installed.

·
Registered
134 Posts
07 base

·
Registered
17,578 Posts
i believe that you may lose your door chimes if you don't get the harness. as for the antenna, yes you will need that. i had to get one for my 06 as well.

·
Registered
134 Posts
"the GM13SR provides data-driven park brake, reverse light, AMP trigger for factory-amplified systems, vehicle speed sense (VSS) and auto illumination trigger outputs"
guess I do need it. thnx king

·
2+2= <*)))><
12,521 Posts
i believe that you may lose your door chimes if you don't get the harness. as for the antenna, yes you will need that. i had to get one for my 06 as well.
There are two harnesses that he could get. One with a dinger in it an one without.

I suggest getting the one without. It's a lot cheaper and the one with the dinger sounds like shit.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts