G5 Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,690 Posts
the price is 3000 or so dollars jsut for parts...

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
The Quaife 6-speed is not worth it, IMO. 4th and 5th gear ratios are still the same... they are just 5th and 6th gear now. It just means more shifting in the 1/4 mile.

Swap the F40 6-speed from a G6/Saab if you wanna do a 6-speed conversion.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Will the 6 speed from a g6 be a direct swap? same flywheel and clutch? Same mounting brackets?
I dunno. I know they just redesigned the F40 to have the Ecotec bolt pattern. One can only assume.

The best way to find out is to find a Saab 9-3 with the 6-speed, crawl underneath, and start measuring. Either way, its still a waste of time and money in my eyes. You will gain nothing... and MPG won't really be effected either. It'd certainly be cool though.

·
falkor!!!
23,478 Posts
It'd certainly be cool though.
i think that's the key right there. the reason a 6-speed appeals to me is that i really like to shift, so the more i get to shift while driving, the better. it's not about gains or anything. which is exactly why it's not worth spending any kind of money or time on converting my 5-speed just so i can shift one more time.

·
Registered
447 Posts
From a fuel mileage standpoint, I don't think it would be better either.......in fact it might even be worse even though the rpms would be lower.......the engine would have to work harder to maintain speed vs. wind resistence.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts