G5 Club banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
excuse the dirt the pressure washer at work is a POS and didn't clean it so well...

new cloudriders grille insert - how to upcoming if anyone wants it

Decals my sign maker brother made me

·
Banned
3,377 Posts
If your car stays that dirty after a wash, it's time to consider some serious detailing. But neat post none the less.

·
Premium Member
10,371 Posts
looks like those grill inserts are just over top of the black honeycombs?

like the g5 badge though

p.s. please hand wash your car. pressurewasher is just wrong haha

·
Registered
57 Posts
looks like its time to take out the mitt, a bucket, some carwash and sinking some hours into detailing.

You have to drive through dirt often? certainly looks like it bro. Personally id be a crazy man, I already am about bugs! the bane of my existence!

But cool stuff none the less. Love to see people doing different things.

·
Registered
2 Posts
If I could get those chrome grill inserts for a G5, I'd get black in a heartbeat. That's the only reason I don't want black, it's hard to see the fantastic pontiac grille!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I work at a John Deere Dealer so i get free use of the pressure washer, problem is the boiler is broke so it's just a cold water rinse

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Looks nice, besides bein' dirty :p

That grille looks neat. Is that mod very costly?
I like the G5 decal on the side, but it should be a lil bigger

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
the grille was $200 and i got it from the dealership.

as for the decal my brother-in-law and I designed it quickly one night after work so it wasn't a perfectly designed image size wise

·
Registered
5,631 Posts
The reason why it looks awful is that the pressure washer leaves alot of mineral deposits. I know when I use mine, If I neglect to actually wash the car, it is literally turned stone grey from the minerals :shock:

I usually use the pressure washer to get the large stuff off (Such as bird droppings or large bug splatters), and then I go and do the regular wash with the Mr Clean carwash (The spot free rinse works pretty decently for a black car). I also break out the Claybar, wax, and Scratch X as needed.

·
Registered
5,631 Posts
lorneh1234 said:

as for the decal my brother-in-law and I designed it quickly one night after work so it wasn't a perfectly designed image size wise
Yeah, the Grills from the Dealership are a dry ream.

The black stock one is over 100 bucks.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Nighthawk243 said:
lorneh1234 said:

Yeah, the Grills from the Dealership are a dry ream.

The black stock one is over 100 bucks.
Looking at the companies site it would have costed me the same amount from them...
http://www.cloudrider.ca/screens_show.php?vhcl_mke=Pontiac&vhcl_mdl=G5+Pursuit&vhcl_yr=2006

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
problem was i couldn't find anyone else that had them for our cars, and i wanted something more then the black grille since i first looked at that car

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
It does look better on a black car. I kinda like the black grilles on my silver G5. I'm going to wait till they come out with some more stuff for cars

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
i agree that only a black car can pull off the grille, one thing i found odd/funny was they have the grille for the 06 pursuit cheaper than the 07 G5 yet it is the same grille (i have the 06 grille on an 07)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts