G5 Club banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SOO im considering running the M62 setup like Rob and i was thinking a perfect place to get it all setup and running would be the G5 meet where i can get the tune right after install!

anyways i was hoping to do this on sunday and was wondering who all would want to help? it'd be alot of fun and hey we'd have another boosted ecotec on the site!

anyways just starting a list too see who would be willing to lend a helping hand

1. ME
2. Rob

·
Registered
545 Posts
BLAERGH.. MAYBE depending on whats going on man .. i might be able to wrench on it for a bit.. obviously i'll get your tune setup too :D

·
Registered
10,414 Posts
omg horrible idea why the hell woudl you want to do that at a perfect place like the meet!

Honestly....

j/k..

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
1. me
2. rob
3. Kinda maybe kyle
4. utsadude

Alright thanks guys and i would have all the parts needed before this no worries ( plus who cares if it takes up a bunch of space lol
PLUSSS if this goes down ill have a Injen CAI and 2.4 Intake manifold for sale up there so i can avoid shipping costs

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
I might be able to give a helping hand. Depends how busy we are when we get there lol.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
1. me
2. rob
3. Kinda maybe kyle
4. utsadude
5. Rocky

Even if its only part of the process like removing the CAI, TB, Intake Manifold and front bumper... that will be nice, or piecing it all back together

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'll be figuring that out as well.. just getting a feeler for who all can help... maybe people can bring a tool or 2

·
Registered
6,037 Posts
I've got a decent rachet set I may bring with me.... It was only $150 as a complete set :lol:

Pisses me off though cuz I left a extended 10 mm socket in my loaner car from the dealer and regular 10 socket and they couldn't find it so I had to go out and buy new ones to replace ot keep my set complete :( oh well hah... if needed I can bring my airtools too but I'll charge you for gas on that one cuz they weigh a ton!

·
Registered
545 Posts
i'll get my tool box back together.. and jeff I'll take the front end apart lol it takes me like 10 mins with me and my gf lol we're pros

·
2+2= <*)))><
12,521 Posts
I have a craftsmen mechanics tool set that never gets out of my trunk. My dad has stolen a few things out of it(3/8 ratchet for one) but it is mostly there and quite extensive. I will most likely bring it.

Both Metric and SAE

·
Registered
545 Posts
I've got a decent rachet set I may bring with me.... It was only $150 as a complete set :lol:

Pisses me off though cuz I left a extended 10 mm socket in my loaner car from the dealer and regular 10 socket and they couldn't find it so I had to go out and buy new ones to replace ot keep my set complete :( oh well hah... if needed I can bring my airtools too but I'll charge you for gas on that one cuz they weigh a ton!
fu8ck air tools

someone just buy a wireless impact wrench lol they'r elike 60 bux if you look hard enough

·
Registered
856 Posts
Well i will be of no help to you guys, but i will be watching this happen as a learning experience. I really want to do something like this to my car and would like to do it my self with a lil help as well of course. But if its ok with you guys i would like to "Observe."

·
2+2= <*)))><
12,521 Posts
I don't see why you couldn't watch. You might even be able to help with something along the way.

But I can't speak for the rest of the guys. They might think you're a perv...

Wait, that's not what you meant... haha

1 - 20 of 49 Posts