G5 Club banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, after class today, I decide to mess with one of my classmates in her buick thingy. Of course, the cars not fast, but we were fooling around weaving in and out of traffic. Next thing I know, theres this Infiniti riding my ass. So, I shift down to 4th and gun it to pull ahead of him, and he just keeps trying to weave through traffic so he can get right back behind me. We run into a couple of runs where theres no traffic at all and I get in the other lane and punch it till I run into traffic. Of course, He can't hang for shit, but he is still trying his ass off. The last stretch we're coming up on, he cuts me off and tries to leave me behind, so I switch lanes and gain a good bit of distance. Since I wasn't anywhere near traffic, I keep gaining speed till I hit the governor for the first time at 115MPH. I look in my mirror and he's so far behind me, so I start to slow down to the speed limit. Once I start to hit my breaks, the car starts to shake like crazy and I wasn't even using the breaks that hard. I thought my rotors had warped, so I didn't even want to try again even after he blows past me. Afterwards, he keeps on slowing down and gunning it as if he didn't get that my car is faster. lol.
On the way home, the breaks felt fine. They were back to normal without the least bit of vibration. WTF happened? lol

The infinit I raced was a M35 sedan, whatever the hell that is...

·
Premium Member
6,690 Posts
good kill, dont know about the brakes though, I find my car reacts to the road a lot more the faster i go. maybe you were in a bad place on the highway?

·
Registered
493 Posts
super sweet kill,that guy is a major prick though,I find when this happens it tend to be some asshole in an expensive car with a big ego

·
Premium Member
1,602 Posts
nice kill

·
Premium Member
10,371 Posts
Nice kill. Im reading this story and the whole time im thinking...a g35?? no way i calling bs. but the suv is a totally different story. good job :lol:

as for your brakes, im with cruisin on this one. when im riding 120, and start to slow down, my car does conform to the road more than other times. but no horrible shaking like that. take it to the dealer and be like, hey i was doing 115 and my car does this. come for a test drive and ill recreate it for you haha

·
Banned
3,377 Posts
I'm suprised our cars can even break at 120mph... I wouldn't even dream of trying.

·
Resident Troll
5,921 Posts
i have a base and have hit 120, but it was on a slight but noticeable downhill grade. when you get to the top of fourth gear around 6 grand the rpms stow dramaticly nearing the rev limiter. i didnt like holding the rmps so high for so long. dont try it on flat ground ha ha

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
njg5gt said:
Nice kill. Im reading this story and the whole time im thinking...a g35?? no way i calling bs. but the suv is a totally different story. good job :lol:

as for your brakes, im with cruisin on this one. when im riding 120, and start to slow down, my car does conform to the road more than other times. but no horrible shaking like that. take it to the dealer and be like, hey i was doing 115 and my car does this. come for a test drive and ill recreate it for you haha
LMAO, that'll get their attention.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Your rotors are slightly warped. The faster you go, the more intense the feedback through the brake pedal is. Sooner or later you will feel it starting at normal highway speeds when braking on an off-ramp.

·
Premium Member
10,371 Posts
just take it to the dealer and theyll resurface your rotors for you. then drive it for about 3-6 months. rinse and repeat.

·
Registered
439 Posts
M35 - 3.5L V6, 280hp / 270 lbs/ft: 0-60 in 6.1, 1/4 mile in 14.8s
M45 - v8 w/ 335hp / 340 lb-ft: 0-60 in 5.4, 1/4 mile in 14.3s

Something doesn't add up about this one. I beleive you on the brakes though, mine do that whenever I brake from hwy speeds

·
Registered
439 Posts
I was thinking, didn't infinity make a smaller, almost compact car for a couple of years?

*pause, going hunting*

found it, an Infiniti G20

was it this?[/url]

·
Registered
100 Posts
Looks like a G20 to me.

Yes, warped rotors. Don't bother resurfacing them. The problem is likely to come back. This is a common Cobalt problem. Upgrade, and do it soon or you kill a wheel bearing. There is a vendor on CobaltSS.net by the name Uneek that has slotted/drilled rotors. After I warped a rotor I upgraded to these. I have absolutley no problems and I have beat on my brakes quite a bit since getting them. As soon as the wife's brakes are warped we will be upgrading to them on her car. I spent just a little over $300 for slotted and drilled rotors with semi-metallic pads for all 4 wheels, also included shipping. It did take about 2 weeks to get them though. He's credible and reliable. He is one of the few internet retailers I would recommend, and I'm a very picking person.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts