G5 Club banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 2006 g5 gt and I am wanting to install a aftermarket deck. if so, will the stock sub woofer still work? the only reason why im wanting to install a new deck is so i can hook up usb drive/ipod to deck.

·
Registered
134 Posts
yea it'll work, what deck you looking into?
most double dins have a subwoofer on/off mode, not sure about single dins.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hey its a sony xplod, single din. im just wonderig if the wireing harness i buy will still allow the sub to work, and the steering wheel controls?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
no worries, this is what these threads are for. stock deck and aftermarket spearkers is all good, it will work fine., as for sub and amp, im not sure, i had a friend who had a stock deck, but had and after market amp with subs. not sure how he did it, but i know he rigged up something, becasue he had not used any rca cables. i think he ran extra cables from his rear speakers to the input (rca) of his amp?? im not quite sure. if your spending the money on speakers/amp/sub, just buy a deck and there is no worries.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
just did some reaserch, i hope this helps hotwheeldude,
i have an amp that has a hook up for whats called "speaker level input"

Speaker Level Inputs: For source units that do not have pre-amp level RCA outputs this feature may be used to take the signal from the speaker leads of the source unit. The signal will not be as clean as a pre-amp level output but will be adequate for most factory upgrade applications.

here is link to a pic i found, kinda blurry, but youll get hte idea

http://www.google.ca/imgres?q=speak...bnh=134&tbnw=210&ndsp=26&ved=1t:429,r:6,s:239

1 - 8 of 8 Posts