G5 Club banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking at getting one of those DVD/Navigation systems for my car. So far nobody has wiring harnesses as far as I can tell. When I went through Crutchfield the guy told me that he didn't know of any either, and even if i did find one that it will disable the factory door chime (which really doesn't bother me, it's annoying anyway). Does anyone know if the harnesses for the 06's will work with the 07's. Also does the mounting kit for the 06's work as well. Any input would help. Thanks!!

·
Super Moderator
1,939 Posts
Don't know what it says about your chances are, but when they swaped out the single CD player for the in-dash 6 CD player (part of the sales deal), they had to re-flash the computer as to what was done.

·
Registered
649 Posts
DartBaron said:
Don't know what it says about your chances are, but when they swaped out the single CD player for the in-dash 6 CD player (part of the sales deal), they had to re-flash the computer as to what was done.
This is not true as not all of the 2007's have the in dash 6 cd changer. GM integrated the LAN based system into the radios for 2007. So even cars without the in dash changer need a special harness. In previous GM models portions of the coding system for the computer we stored in the radio - they have re-introduced this in the 2007 models. So, there are a couple options - re-locate the radio somewhere else in the car, or purchase the special LAN based computer harness. I am unsure where you can purchase this - your best bet would be to go to a specialty shop and inquire about this. http://www.metraonline.com/ Also carries this harness (make sure you look at the GMOS and look into retailers who may carry it. As for the mounting kit, it is the same as 05-up.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I have an 07 and had to buy the expensive harness, wanted to pass on to others as well that there are different harnesses in the 07+ depending on whether yours, like me is non-pioneer, or the 7 speaker system.

" ** UPDATE 4/10/07 ** my super expensive wire kit came in today. The list price is $229.99 plus tax (I get about $50 less) and I don't need to relocate the factory radio. I'll post the pics and model numbers late next week.
It's sexy and includes a stand alone LAN-III computer box, hence the price, but all my chimes, lights, DIC, etc will now display properly!!! "

·
Resident Troll
5,921 Posts
where did you buy it. i have seen metra aor whatever ones but i read reviews and they are all negative. what kind is yours?

·
Resident Troll
5,921 Posts
i heard that people were getting popping noises and the dings were super loud etc. you havent had any of these problems? which model did you buy?

·
Registered
91 Posts
I bought mine a long time before they we're commercailly available becuase I was impatent... thanks for the site though, I'll share that with the other 07 owners I know!!!

But one question, this shows for an 06 Chev HHR, which I still believe is a different harness for LAN-04 based systems where ours is a 2 rear plug, LAN-III system

"Chevrolet Malibu, Malibu MAXX 04-Up / Cobalt 05-Up / Pontiac G6 05-Up - GM LAN System -w/ LCD Display for D.I.C. - *********NOT COMPATIBLE WITH ONSTAR OR BOSE SYSTEMS********* "

Check the rear of your factory head, has 2 imputs and this may be the wrong product. I'll post some pics of the harness (prior to install) and the rear of a factory 07 deck (w/o sun and sound pkg).

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That's is definitely one reason I get on this site before I buy stuff for my car. You can never be to sure if the parts you are looking at on the net are the actual ones for your car.....unless you get others' input, which is why i find clubg5 so helpful.

·
Registered
167 Posts
well i just purchased a wiring kit, mounting kit, and antenna adapter from crutchfield about 2 weeks ago for a 07 G5. They work fine tha only problem is the total came to $168.00 US. But crutchfield does carry the harness for your car.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts