G5 Club banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heres what I did with my Sunday night. I am very pleased with the results. I will post some full car pics very soon. My cam died so the last ones are taken with my phone. Enjoy!

·
Registered
6,037 Posts
Was there a line up of cars waiting to have their calipers painted? lol.. thats a nice Celica in the background.. good work :)

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
PursuitGT said:
Not a fan of painted calipers unless its black. If you like it thats all that matters
I disagree cuz black doesn't always look good with everything
I think the choice of color would depend on the style and color of the car.

·
Premium Member
1,602 Posts
nice! cant wait to do mine i am doing my calipers black, and the pads burnt orange

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I just used the duplicolor kit from canadian tire. As for the prep, I used the caliper cleaner from the kit. I bought 2 steel bruches though and went to town on it. My car is still pretty much brand new so there wasnt much work. My friends 06 cobalt, however, was rusted to shit. After I used som windex to remove any dust that remained. I used windex because I needed something wet for the dust, but it needed to dry quick.

I put 5 thin coats on each caliper. Each coat took about 10 - 15 minutes to dry.

As for the girl, yeah shes earning her keep. This 3 year old is addicted to cars and Sevendust. Really strange. Anyways, my next mod is going to be my sound system, so ill keep you guys posted. thanks again for the nice comments.

·
So Delicious !
5,271 Posts

I like the painted calipers..... leaving them from factory and they turn a dingy color and don't ever come clean...... lol
Red calipers for a red G5 GT, makes sense to me.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts