G5 Club banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking around for about a week here, so I figured its time to dive in. I'm a previous loyalist of the 3SI.org crew with my 92TT Stealth and Hyundai with my 98 Tib fx. Had a GSX to play with, but sold it after I found the x-fer case to be shotty (surprise) Both were modded, with the Stealth running 11's when I sold it. I'm not stranger at all to F/I so hopefully our aftermarket will blow up a bit like the Tib's did. Just takes some time for R&D.

As for the GT, first up is tint, rims, drop, and for some off reason, I cannot stand our stock front lights. Saw some nice projectors out there. I'll be going with black projectors, the tint for added touch, and I want to do something with the stock rims but I want them black as well. Let me know if you have any ideas off the top of your head. I find the colors of black and orange appealing.

Well, enough with the talk here's the pics.

First the far awar crappy picture:

Now this past saturday. (Sorry, Illinois weather sucks)

And pretty much every forum I've belonged to, has a picture thread, I havent explored ya'll yet, so here's me. I always thought it was easier talking to someone knowing wtf you're actually talking to:

My whole life I've owned used cars that I've constantly had to throw money into for repairs. For once, I'm going to soak up some warranty for awhile.

·
Premium Member
6,690 Posts
tank said:
great color choice :D
:wifstupid:

looks good, cant wait to see it modded!

·
Premium Member
1,602 Posts
nice color choice and trim :D if you are going with the black theme for your car for $20 you can paint your calipers which is always a nice touch

·
Premium Member
6,690 Posts
Fusion orange rules this place, lol.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Welcome to the zoo,if you are not into buying projectors alot of us,have just painted ours,there is a SC set up for our cars through Rebelautowerks and Hahn has three different stages is you wanna go turbo,Jbp has cams and head for us also.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
g5mike said:
Welcome to the zoo,if you are not into buying projectors alot of us,have just painted ours,there is a SC set up for our cars through Rebelautowerks and Hahn has three different stages is you wanna go turbo,Jbp has cams and head for us also.
Sweet, I'll keep looking around. I've done one custom turbo setup, but Hahn is pretty decent from what ive heard.

As for the projectors, I'll probably go with them instead of the paint. I just cant seem to like the stock design.

The biggest pain I have is the powdercoat/paint rims question...still debating. I'd rather do powdercoat, but there's not alot of shops here.

·
Premium Member
601 Posts
Welcome... You know Yellow is the best color but its not your fault you bought Orange a lot of people made that mistake ;) :lol:

·
Registered
100 Posts
Welcome! I'd go with powderdoating your wheels. Not as likely to chip versus painting. I feel there are too many turbocharged cars in the world. I'd go supercharged, and you can pretty much use just GM parts. Probably the hardest part would be getting your hands on the SC for the supercharged Cobalts. I saw an almost complete parts list for this mod somewhere on another forum. If you want to explore that list let me know and I'll try to find it. Also, I have the projector headlights in chrome on my car. They do require work in order to make them perfect. I've seen a lot of people do write-ups for these on how to fix everything. #1 concern happens to be the fact that they are not completely sealed and end up fogging. I'd go with them, but only if you want to fix the problems first.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm from Illinois. Joliet area, south of Chicago.

I like the powdercoating more than anything.

and I've seen Alpine Developements SC kit. 3.5k is a bit steep to me though.

·
So Delicious !
5,288 Posts
PursuitGT said:
... You know Yellow is the best color but its not your fault you bought Orange a lot of people made that mistake ;) :lol:
:arrow: lol lol :lol: lol :lol: LMAO :lol: ROFLMAO :lol: lol lol lol
:?: :?: DID HE REALLY SAY THAT :?: :?:

:arrow: STILL LMFAO

·
Premium Member
1,602 Posts
PursuitGT said:
Welcome... You know Yellow is the best color but its not your fault you bought Orange a lot of people made that mistake ;) :lol:
i am not sure if i would want a car that resembled a lemon :lol: :lol:

·
Premium Member
10,371 Posts
domin8 said:
Welcome! I'd go with powderdoating your wheels. Not as likely to chip versus painting. I feel there are too many turbocharged cars in the world. I'd go supercharged, and you can pretty much use just GM parts. Probably the hardest part would be getting your hands on the SC for the supercharged Cobalts. I saw an almost complete parts list for this mod somewhere on another forum. If you want to explore that list let me know and I'll try to find it. Also, I have the projector headlights in chrome on my car. They do require work in order to make them perfect. I've seen a lot of people do write-ups for these on how to fix everything. #1 concern happens to be the fact that they are not completely sealed and end up fogging. I'd go with them, but only if you want to fix the problems first.
on the contrary, the easiest part of superchargering is finding an m62

there are plenty of guys on css.net selling theirs.

if you're going sc'ed, talk to beck over on css.net. he just succesfully did his and posted a parts list and is working on a how to at the moment

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I have a parts list from Alpine. Issue was/is, I dont pay 3.5 for a measley 210hp out of a SC setup....just not happening.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts