G5 Club banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, so if you're cheap like me, you'll like this.

I recently purchaed a Cavalier short shifter off of ebay for (get this) 40.00 shipped

I figured it couldn't be as good as it seems. Well it is. While im sure its not as high quality as the twm by any means, it works great and fits perfect. The only thing I didn't realize was that if i didnt specify, they would send me one with purple metal! haha so i'm just going to spray it red to match my car. but you can get it in chrome.

Just thought i'd pass this news along to those who would like a short shifter for a really low price

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/00-05-CH ... enameZWDVW

any one that looks like that will work

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Yea, I know a guy here in town with one of those in his balt. That shifter is definitely a good choice when seeking a cheaper mod. I thought about getting one myself, but I just don't know yet...

·
Premium Member
10,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it works out really well for me and is super cheap haha

not putting down twm or anything of the sort tho...their product is probably much higher quality haha

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Well, yea. From what the other G5'ers that have the TWM have said. You're paying for quality. Of course, thats not the only option out there either. Let me know how it works out.

·
Premium Member
10,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i will. i took it out for a test run and the shifts are much shorter. very nice feel to it, and the purple is growing no me. its only one small ring that is visible. might switch out the knob though...

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Looks nice. The knob isn't that bad really. I saw one of those in person and I liked it.

The only problem that guy has was that his boot didn't fit right.

·
Premium Member
10,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i just took off the reverse lockout feature and then zip-tied the boot to the purple base part. made sure it was tight and it worked out pretty well

·
Registered
239 Posts
Thats not bad at all i might have to look at one of those. I like those ball knobs like the ones that come with our cars. I would get one with my twm when i order it but the wieghted knobs are so friggin expensive it makes me not want to get one at all.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts