G5 Club banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Pontiac G5 Coupe
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! I got my Pontiac g5 gt back in July. 2007 with only 80,000 miles on it. Replaced the fuel line and had the car checked out, it’s in perfect shape now!! I named her Wanda. I literally love this car so much. I want some tips on how to properly clean under the hood, get the leaves out and stuff without hurting anything yknow what I mean. Any products or any methods of cleaning out under the hood and anything that I can do to make my car run smoother and better!!!! Thank you

·
Super Moderator
1,970 Posts
Hey guys! I got my Pontiac g5 gt back in July. 2007 with only 80,000 miles on it. Replaced the fuel line and had the car checked out, it’s in perfect shape now!! I named her Wanda. I literally love this car so much. I want some tips on how to properly clean under the hood, get the leaves out and stuff without hurting anything yknow what I mean. Any products or any methods of cleaning out under the hood and anything that I can do to make my car run smoother and better!!!! Thank you
Run a can of seafoam in the crankcase for a week. Drive it gentle, nothing aggressive. Change it out with synthetic oil, and a good quality oil filter. Poor oil maintenance is the death knell for these engines. You're also do for a water pump service around 100,000 miles. Not a bad idea to have a cooling system flushed as well. Have brake lines flushed every other year to prevent costly brake repairs. Plugs also due for replacement with the water pump. Coil packs and injectors probably a good idea to replace around 150,000 miles.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts