G5 Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
17,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any fellow autos having some surprises from their transmissions as of late?

Not entirely sure if it's the narsty cold, but my auto's been doing some erratic shifting the last couple of days. Usually when speeding up from around 40-50km/h in traffic. It acts like it's not sure if it should downshift or not - flips back and forth a couple of times and shudders a bit.

Anyone?

·
Registered
17,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Or do you think that either of these would also have something to do with it?:

- 113000km, no tranny flush
- been having a rough-idle dip and light-dim when coming to a stop; battery problems?

·
Registered
17,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My K&N filter I cleaned back in the summer.
Fuel filter and plugs have not been done in my time with the car. :(

·
Premium Member
2,271 Posts
- 113000km, no tranny flush
I was under the impression that these were sealed units, and shouldn't need to be flushed until after 100K miles at least.

Mine is doing some weird things, torque converter slipping the odd time, but its better when its up to temperature, so i'm putting it down to the cold.

·
Registered
17,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was under the impression that these were sealed units, and shouldn't need to be flushed until after 100K miles at least.
According to the manual, you should do it at 80K if you're driving primarily under certain conditions. If not, then you shouldn't have to service it at all.

Mine is doing some weird things, torque converter slipping the odd time, but its better when its up to temperature, so i'm putting it down to the cold.
What's the symptom of that?

·
Registered
106 Posts
check your maf sensor, clean it with maf sensor cleaner or brake clean, blow it off very well but not hard, do a tranny flush and dont forget dex6 is the new dex3, tranny flush is easier than an oilchange!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts