G5 Club banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got the idea today,well the deck that goes from the rear seats to the back window,,well i took it out and put some leather on it,what a cleaner much better look to it, and now nothing for the dog hairs to cling to.

Also I leatherized the lid on the center console also, just unscrewed the lid, cut a piece of leather, then i was gonna glue it on than i noticed if i just undo the six other screws on the lid all I had to do was cut the piece a little bigger than the lid, tuck it in put the platelet back on and do up the six screws

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
That sounds pretty neat. I wanted to do my interior in leather, but the shop wants too much to do it. Guess I gotta do some research...

·
Premium Member
449 Posts
the rear deck lid? alot of cars some with it leather or like a soft platic. ez to clean lol i would do vinal over it but make sure is a no glare so the sun dont hit it and blind you.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
07g5gt said:
the rear deck lid? alot of cars some with it leather or like a soft platic. ez to clean lol i would do vinal over it but make sure is a no glare so the sun dont hit it and blind you.
you nailed it,The stock one is just full of dog hair thats difficult to vacuum out,I'm actually like the console mod more

·
Resident Troll
5,921 Posts
i saw a guy on cobaltss.net i think that took out his rear seats and redid the deck lid without the child seat anchors. and where the seat was he made a flat floor/shelf that was flush with the trunk floor so it basically replaced the back seats with a trunk extension. it was prettycool. i cant find it but if anyone knows of the post could you post a link please.

i was thinking it would be cool to do that and set up subs and amp and whatever where the back seat was and still have the full trunk...

·
Resident Troll
5,921 Posts
thats when you can be like, uhhh opps no room, then take your girlfriend and go.

·
Resident Troll
5,921 Posts
the subs would be in the back seat. ha ha. just take the trunk lid off and put a rocking chair in the trunk. kinda like the Beverly hillbillies, except not

·
Resident Troll
5,921 Posts
im pretty sure in order to take the deck lid cover deal off you need to remove the interior plastic pieces on the sides of it.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts