G5 Club banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a problem that I thought I would share...

The connector wasn't even tightened on the battery. I couldn't believe it! It was more or less "placed" on the battery. When it was close enough it managed to arc and I got power... I am very glad that I found this out before anything major happened... thankfully the only hassle I had to deal with was the fact that I had to reset the clock.

So, if anyone tries to start their baby and you hear a click and nothing... check the connector. Be careful though.

I was however pleasantly surprised that I did NOT have to reset my presets.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Yeah the radio is able to keep its presets for a while after the battery disconnects. Not sure how long it takes but eventually they will reset too.

·
Resident Troll
5,921 Posts
your supposed to disconnect the battery because when you reconnect it the computer reconfigures to the higher air flow or whatever

·
Registered
19 Posts
If you don't disconnect the battery when installing the intake it @%$#'s with your car's brain though. It bogs down really badly and shudders. It definitely can't be good on it.

·
Banned
3,377 Posts
haha yeah, you should've seen the look on my co-workers face when I backed up towards his hood to give him a boost.

·
Registered
232 Posts
denlou said:
haha yeah, you should've seen the look on my co-workers face when I backed up towards his hood to give him a boost.
Haha, nice! You can still boost from under the hood though. Thats what the positive terminal (covered by red cap) on the fuse box is for. Then just hook the neg. to some metal shite.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts