G5 Club banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I finally got the chance to race my friend in his '07 Scion TC last night. He gets me right off the line by half a car length, but by the time I shift into 3rd, I start to pull past him, and I let off when I'm 2 lengths ahead of him so he could catch up. When he pulls up beside us, me and my girl were laughing and I asked him what happened. He replies "I like the way your car sounds, and I was too busy listening to it."

·
Premium Member
1,602 Posts
lol ill have to use that when my buddy gets his new v6 tiburon 5 spd

·
Premium Member
10,371 Posts
fusiongt said:
lol ill have to use that when my buddy gets his new v6 tiburon 5 spd
im sorry but the tiburon doesnt do anything for me. they have a v6 and are still only pushing the stock hp of the gt's. i mean, yeah they have a bit more torque, but for having two more cylinders, im just not impressed.

·
Premium Member
1,602 Posts
hmm well my car might have a chance then if i can get my shifts down good

·
Premium Member
10,371 Posts
he'll get a jump on you in the beginning due to more torque, but you should be pretty close if you can drive well

·
Registered
243 Posts
It seems like everyone I work with has a TC..... they all know what I drive but never seem to bring it up. I wonder why? :)

·
Premium Member
10,371 Posts
haha i was at the dealer yesterday and its right next to a scion dealer. none of them look over at the pontiac dealership. ever.

on a side note, all of the g5 literature at the delaer harps on the fact that the g5 is faster than the TC. pretty humorous.

·
Premium Member
10,371 Posts
yeah, also the tech there that was working on my car has a SS S/C and said I can use the garage any saturday I want since they arent busy and theyll give me a bay with all the GM tools to work on my g5. pretty awesome. he's also going o help me tune my F/I setup this winter

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thats badass man. I also have a friend that will let me use his repair shop here in town. Its not as good as having access to a GM shop tho..lol

BTW, What do you mean by F/I setup?
Forced Induction?

·
Premium Member
10,371 Posts
yeah as soon as my credit card is paid off in a month, i will be purchasing the procharger setup from speed mafia to put into my car at the end of winter

yeah the gm shop will be killer and its free and my warranty will be good too haha

·
Premium Member
10,371 Posts
it's not out yet. chevytech002 on css.net is still testing it. should be out in a week or so. contact speed mafia about it. its their kit.

it uses the c1 procharger instead of the eaton, and its basically bolt on which makes the install really easy

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I don't know a whole lot about a procharger. I just heard people mention that term a couple of times. What all does the kit consist of?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts