G5 Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm taking a trip to Canadian Tire tomorrow to stock up on tire shine and wax ... I want to get a new dash detailer that's going to keep it looking WET and SHINY ... Armour all isn't doing much for me, it's leaving a funny smell on my dash so I want to know what you guys use, or what you recommend etc... my friend got this amazing meguires stuff for his 350z but he went back to work before I could ask. Any help would be tight, thanks!

·
Super Moderator
1,939 Posts
As far as cleaning, a weak dilution of Simple Green and an old wash cloth does wonders. If you want a shine, maybe someone could suggest what's better: mineral oil, baby oil, or ???

·
Registered
649 Posts
I have never liked the products that "shine" the dash because they seem to attract dust as there is often oil in the product. I think Meguiars makes a dash wipe that makes it a little bit shiny.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Failing that, you could always try Meguiar's #40 Vinyl/Rubber Cleaner/Conditioner. It leaves a matte finish, however with a second application you could easily achieve that 'wet' look you're looking for. As an added bonus, it also smells like the Tannery/Fresh Leather 8)

·
Registered
547 Posts
If you want a really shiny look try meg's NXT dash protectant. I didn't like it because it was too shiny.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
jnak said:
If you want a really shiny look try meg's NXT dash protectant. I didn't like it because it was too shiny.
that's what I just picked up, I love it. Definitely recommend it.

·
Registered
167 Posts
im with farfromnormal on this one i dont really like the shine, and it opten leaves an oil residue and i dont like that at all

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The shine doesn't bug me, and after I find if you run a swiffer cloth over the dash it de-statics the dash board and I'm yet to have dust collect and the car has been in teh garage, windows down, for the past 3 days 8)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts