G5 Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, so in the middle of a shitty winter spell I crashed my g5 into a parked snow plow, who was parked at the bottom of a hill after crashing into a poll himself (he is my girlfriends brother)..its confusing and rather heartbreaking so thats it for details..

basically i need some help because I know very little on the topic. I just wanted a few quick suggestions on which sites to look for a replacement. Both OE and aftermarket suggestions would be great. Also, is it possible to order one that is already the color of the car (competition yellow) or do I have to paint regardless? thanks very much

·
Registered
129 Posts
If it is cheaper, get one from a Cobalt. The bumpers are the exact same. All you need to do is just trim the center grille bar from the Cobalt bumper. It should expand your options.
dont do that.... im not even gonna go further than this cause if i have to i'll just get angry

·
Registered
129 Posts
well i guess if uve done this b4 and ur pretty handy then that works, but if u mess up it would be kinda lame and it seems to be a little bit of a hassle thats all

edit: is there a how to for this? maybe post that here

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
its not that hard. I took a sawsall and just cut the cross bar off. Then i used a rotozip and trimed it down more. Then i took some 80 grit sandpaper and sanded it down and the grill fit in no problem.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
yeah its alot easier then finding a gt one already cut a ss one is hard to find but a gt one is practicly impossible found a black one with a lip and tc grill the other dar brand new painted black for 450 though it was tempting...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts