G5 Club banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

pretty much a continuation of my other post lol...

is there any way to make the plastic areas more realistic?
-would u guys suggest popping off the plastic parts and painting/spray painting them?

·
Registered
232 Posts
farfrmnormal said:
As far as I know, the only parts that pop out on the base are the two front grille pieces.
My bud at work had his GFs LT or LS whichever one, and we popped out the center one between the fog lights but she didn't like it, LOL. So i know you can get that one off, but the ones with the fog lights might be a different story.

·
Registered
232 Posts
farfrmnormal said:
LT or LS is a Cobalt - bumper is different
Sorry, I forgot to mention it was a Cobalt, but the bumper is still the same. Just to make sure we're on the same page, I'm talkin about this piece that we popped off.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
lol im glad u like my mailbox...i checked under the car and the middle piece thats plastic i can pop off. but the fog lgihts im going to have to screw off.

·
Resident Troll
5,921 Posts
how do they pop off? inwards or outwards?

and what is your technique getting them off?

·
Resident Troll
5,921 Posts
i dont see any inserts? i see a body kit with mesh grills, but no stock replacement inserts

·
Registered
547 Posts
I think those parts look fine, especially on a black car.

But I guess if you do something different it will definitely make your car stand out.

·
Registered
232 Posts
karnivor said:
how do they pop off? inwards or outwards?

and what is your technique getting them off?
Slide under the car and I think only 3 clips are holding them in. It's really simple. The clips and grill are one piece. Pull them towards you while you're underneath the bumper (facing front of car).

·
Registered
32 Posts
For the parts with the Fogs, it is a pain in the ass, but it can be done, your gonna have to remove the fogs first... then you need to unscrew the plastic panel on the underside of the bumper in front of the wheels... that will give you access to these panels to push the tabs thru to the front...

It don't look right, so don't take them out, but if your gonna paint them, paint them and put them back...

I am actually wanting to do the center grille nostril delete thing, and then fiberglass or whatever the side grilles and paint it to match the bumper that way the only grilles I have are the ones for the radiator...

·
Registered
115 Posts
venom said:

pretty much a continuation of my other post lol...

is there any way to make the plastic areas more realistic?
-would u guys suggest popping off the plastic parts and painting/spray painting them?
look at my mirrors i did them!!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts