G5 Club banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I guess GM skimped on the paint with this, the black at the rear of the window frame, or was it a styling 'look' they were after? Anyone take theirs off? Is there nothing under it, or a complete paint-and-clearcoat? It smooths the line of the door into the rear porthole, but how do things look without it?

·
Registered
649 Posts
I am thinking about taking mine off. Because my car is black it won't stick out quite as much - but I am curious, how much was involved in taking this off?

·
zoom zoom!
1,641 Posts
PursuitGT - I like it either way, I think I like it a bit more with the black part still there though.

·
Resident Troll
5,921 Posts
keep in mind his windows are tinted dark, it might not look good without a dark tint.

·
Super Moderator
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I gave in and took mine off today. Take out the small screw to loosen up the rubber strip at the bottom to get behind it for the peel-off. Gave Gilbert a new look, for sure. Not sure if I like it yet. I don't quite regret doing it, at least! Hard to describe...makes the cabin area look more, well, 'solid', whole, not as 'thin' on the side. Tinted windows may very well help it look better.

·
Registered
232 Posts
DartBaron said:
I gave in and took mine off today. Take out the small screw to loosen up the rubber strip at the bottom to get behind it for the peel-off. Gave Gilbert a new look, for sure. Not sure if I like it yet. I don't quite regret doing it, at least! Hard to describe...makes the cabin area look more, well, 'solid', whole, not as 'thin' on the side. Tinted windows may very well help it look better.
Could you possibly post if a pic? I have a Vic Red GT as well and I'm curious how it looks. :D Thanks!

·
Registered
31 Posts
I'm leaving mine on, it doesn't stick out too bad in my opinion and it prevents sctraching the pain in that area (my thought on why it's there)

·
Super Moderator
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The door seem in that area goes higher than the small rear window outline, and it may detract from the flow of the 'look' in that part. The black sticker brings things back into even-ness, 'lining' things up. Without it, the rear window may look out of place kinda. Yet, the car looks more heavy, built more solidly without it. I don't mind the rear window looking a little out of place. If you tint it, like I'm thinking of getting done, it should look less wimpy, appearing bigger tha it really is. Um, makes sense to y'all? Loose anyone?

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
I think it looks better with the black strip on because when the windows are tinted, it is just one big black looking window. Nothing disrupting the flow of it.

·
Registered
255 Posts
06yellowpursuit said:
I think it looks better with the black strip on because when the windows are tinted, it is just one big black looking window. Nothing disrupting the flow of it.
My thoughts exactly.

·
Original Member
904 Posts
can some one show a before and after or point it out, cause i have no idea what u guys are talking about lmao

·
Registered
547 Posts
It's the B-pillar. Look at the second post in this thread (yellow car). In the picture the back part of the door behind the door window (the pillar above the door handle) is yellow. In the second picture (in PursuitGT's signature) it is black.

·
Resident Troll
5,921 Posts
fusion gts car:
this is a good picture that portrays what the sticker is there to do. it keeps the flows the 2 windows together and makes it look less choppy.. i just thought this picture was the best i saw for showing the flow of the vinyl

1 - 20 of 20 Posts