G5 Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have any of you ever been pulled over for blacked out head lights or tail lights? I was considering using VHT nightshades. Im not in the mood for a ticket :D

·
Premium Member
2,271 Posts
Taillights, go for it, but don't go dark. Then your asking for a ticket, or to be rear ended, and you don't want either.

Headlights, not a good idea, IMO. Actually a piss poor idea, but there we are.

Sent from my mobile device

·
Registered
17,069 Posts
Blacking out the taillights is risky, depending on how dark.
Blacking out the headlights is just plain trouble.

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Painting the headlight housing gloss black and polishing the lenses really good gives my headlights a blacked out look from a distance. Best choice without losing visibility IMO. No comment on the tails. Removed my tint after having it 3 years cuz people wont inspect my car.

·
Premium Member
2,271 Posts
Painting the headlight housing gloss black and polishing the lenses really good gives my headlights a blacked out look from a distance. Best choice without losing visibility IMO. No comment on the tails. Removed my tint after having it 3 years cuz people wont inspect my car.
Then you went too dark. Light tint jobs will never attract any unwanted attention.

Blacking them out however, will.

·
Registered
10,025 Posts
I remember when I had my window tinting done, for some reason the guy who did it thought i wanted the headlights done too. So I told him no, he took them off, end of story.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
I want a hint of black on my lenses :/ might do it with my left over black paint from my side shirts

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
2,613 Posts
i nightshaded my headlights before..... bad idea you loose so much light output and they suck at night

·
Super Moderator
12,861 Posts
Painting the headlight housing gloss black and polishing the lenses really good gives my headlights a blacked out look from a distance. Best choice without losing visibility IMO.
This wouldn't be a bad idea. The gen 4 headlights come in a gloss black version that would do the trick.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts