G5 Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Ive got a 2008 G5 that has decided to stop blowing air. At first it was sporadic, but finally gave out. Went to my mechanic, tells me the motor is not getting power. So the 10 amp fuse in the passenger side floor fuse panel is good. replaced the relay right beside it. put in a new resistor and HVAC control panel. The switches still work (defrost and A/C) I can hear the clutch come on. Driving down the road, cold air is coming out of the vents, (or hot depending on where you turn the knob. I'm out of ideas, anyone have suggestions??

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello,

Ive got a 2008 G5 that has decided to stop blowing air. At first it was sporadic, but finally gave out. Went to my mechanic, tells me the motor is not getting power. So the 10 amp fuse in the passenger side floor fuse panel is good. replaced the relay right beside it. put in a new resistor and HVAC control panel. The switches still work (defrost and A/C) I can hear the clutch come on. Driving down the road, cold air is coming out of the vents, (or hot depending on where you turn the knob. I'm out of ideas, anyone have suggestions??
The live wire going to your blower most have a break in it somewhere.

·
557 Posts
I know this is a while back but for anybody looking for answers:
1) If you only get "air" while moving (driving down the road 60km/h), your cooling fans need to be replaced. Typically the harness/fuses are fine, the system itself just dies.
2) If you're only getting hot air, either your A/C has a system leak, your heater core is blocked (debris), or your coolant needs to be flushed/changed.

·
Administrator
12,835 Posts
I know this is a while back but for anybody looking for answers:
1) If you only get "air" while moving (driving down the road 60km/h), your cooling fans need to be replaced. Typically the harness/fuses are fine, the system itself just dies.
2) If you're only getting hot air, either your A/C has a system leak, your heater core is blocked (debris), or your coolant needs to be flushed/changed.
Just to clarify, are you talking about the radiator fan, or the HVAC blower fan?

·
557 Posts
Just to clarify, are you talking about the radiator fan, or the HVAC blower fan?
In my case, it was radiator fan assembly (or cooling fans). The HVAC clutch kicks on, but the fans were dead and was doing a parasitic draw; if I remember correctly I was close to overheating the system and engine at that time so I ended up replacing both and the wiring.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts