G5 Club banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my front passenger side speaker blew the other day, and for no apparent reason. The volume has never been past 3/4 in my car, and now it's buzzing like crazy at lower volumes. I've got the Pioneer speakers (the 6 1/2" one went, not the tweeter), and I was just wondering if anybody else has had this problem with thiers? I figured the uplevel stereo should be a little better quality then the base one, but I'm not impressed. The car is less then a year old, so hopefully the dealer will replace it for me under warrenty.

·
Premium Member
1,602 Posts
i have my stereo past 3/4 alot and have not had a problem my sub amp will go into protect before the mids and highs start distorting

·
Premium Member
10,371 Posts
you guys are all going to damage your hearing. that being said, i've never pushed mine past 1/2 way and its super loud, plus with my sub, there's plenty of bass.

·
Premium Member
1,602 Posts
also with the volume higher you loose sq, 1/2 volume is usually what mine is at

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the quick replies....I'm gonna go to the dealer and see what they say. I just gotta get home from work when the service departemt is still open. I've got a pair of Pioneer 6 1/2" 3-way speakers sitting in my basement from my old Topaz......perhaps I will just throw those in there. I assume since the current system has separate tweeters, there must be a crossover somewhere, right?? Therefore the tweeters in the 3-ways would be defeted? That sound right to anybody?

·
Premium Member
10,371 Posts
im pretty sure the door speakers are full range, but the tweeters are there to add the highs more directly due to where they are mounted

·
Registered
44 Posts
My drivers' side one blew out a little while ago, was only buzzing in the mornings with the volume really low, but just yesterday it started buzzing reallllly bad at all levels, so I'm taking it back to the dealer YET AGAIN. I also sprung for the up-level sound system and wasn't impressed when this happened, either. I've only had my car for 13 months and don't usually push it past half volume level.

·
Registered
100 Posts
your problem is that you guys aren't pushing your systems. I've had mine for almost 2 years and the only problem I had was a blown sub because the guys that my windows had the system all the way up. i know because that is how i found the car, along with my stations changed. it was replaced under warranty.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts