G5 Club banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rockin the 4 twelves DUALS with the Blue neon lights...not goin to lie hard as hell to get them in there ii have 1 amp powering them my etomic ampy 1500 watt...

·
'07 Black GT Coupe
2,400 Posts
uh our trunks are already small as shit

where do you put the groceries now?

and I mean common, that's just plain stupid/overkill in a car..

you'll only hear bass too, don't you like a balanced system?

ah well.

·
zoom zoom!
1,641 Posts
Renesis said:
uh our trunks are already small as shit

where do you put the groceries now?

and I mean common, that's just plain stupid/overkill in a car..

you'll only hear bass too, don't you like a balanced system?

ah well.
my thoughts exactly on getting a huge stereo system in a daily driver car...

but I like my groceries, and what I have left of my hearing from blaring phones/static in my ear day after day at work, for the last 4 years..........

·
Premium Member
1,602 Posts
njg5gt said:
looks nice, but id like to see a day picture so i knw what im looking at haha
x2

·
Registered
63 Posts
haha i have the same subwoofer enclosure...bottom of the line at best buy when i got mine like a year ago but the quality is pretty good and i beleive it sounds like crazy, had a system...never putting one back in

ill invest in something that wont break my eardrums...like a CAI...than again it might just bust my eardrum;)

·
Registered
6,037 Posts
I went one step further and bought an amp and 4 new speakers +2 tweeters made by HERTz and added another amp so my music can match my bass lol.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Rob said:
I went one step further and bought an amp and 4 new speakers +2 tweeters made by HERTz and added another amp so my music can match my bass lol.
thats what im gonna do, got 2 10" with a 750 amp, doesnt look good but works perfect. and at full it hurts a bit, don't need much more than that.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
lol i dun have pics yet but try sittin in a car with 2 1500 watt subs and 2 1500 watt amps...... now that hurts lol :)

·
Registered
6,037 Posts
GTCAM said:
lol i dun have pics yet but try sittin in a car with 2 1500 watt subs and 2 1500 watt amps...... now that hurts lol :)
I hope your running a dual-alternator setup for that one... I'm running 800W RMS (2x400W RMS amps) one mono amp for the two subs and one amp for the six speaker setup. Not only can you hear my bass now you can now hear my music WITH the bass mouahahaha!

Even my 800W RMS setup with a 1 Farad capacitor, my lights still dim a bit... is that 1500 W or 1500 W RMS? Major diff. If it is RMS... what the hell kinda car you running that in to support it lol. If its in a G5/Pursuit/Cobalt........ Your charging system will be dead/history in no time and probably need a new battery/alternator if you dont have a second alternator powering the setup already.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
i just got them installed in my g5 yesterday and as u mentioned the lights r dimming so bad that theu almost turn off lol i wastold by a friend that a yellow top would do the trick..... is that true or am i screwed ?

·
Banned
3,377 Posts
It would help, might not necessarily cure your problem though.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Nucking Futz my friends!
You put a whole new meaning to the term Rocking and a Rolling.
When I was a young lad, way back in the early days of electrified music, my friends and I would see who could hang the longest in front of the speaker stacks while some freak screeched though a Hendrix riff. The trick was not to be the one who ended up puking or having blood trickle from our inner ears.
Imagine, I could now do the same thing while cruising down the road!! Wow! Technology just keeps marching on don't it?
Course, I’d have to carry a pack of Pre-Wetted Infant Butt Wipes to keep the blood from drying on the leather seats and ruining them, but what the hell! It’s got to be worth it nes’ pa?

Rock On You NSane Muthas!

·
Registered
435 Posts
onetwentyboyz,

Lets see some pictures of your setup. Anything else done to the car? Bring on the daylight !!! :)

Later,
Brad

1 - 16 of 16 Posts