G5 Club banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2007 G5 GT in Fusion Orange. Lightly modded
58 Posts
Hmm...WHY is it missing? If it "just broke", then I wouldn't drive it much. If it snapped off because it was tightened down too much or due to metal fatigue, then it MIGHT be O.K. for short AND slow trips. I'd definitely replace it. It was designed to use all 3 and the weight of the car keeps it secured in place, but you DO NOT want it to shift....at ALL!!!

Reactions: DartBaron

·
Super Moderator
1,967 Posts
Hmm...WHY is it missing? If it "just broke", then I wouldn't drive it much. If it snapped off because it was tightened down too much or due to metal fatigue, then it MIGHT be O.K. for short AND slow trips. I'd definitely replace it. It was designed to use all 3 and the weight of the car keeps it secured in place, but you DO NOT want it to shift....at ALL!!!
Indeed! Since the other two are most likely just as old, and from the same at manufacturing process, they may not be far behind in Breaking themselves! This is simply a matter of the top bearing of the strut assembly. A very quick replacement by a shop with a dedicated strut spring compressor.

Sent from my SM-T878U using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts