Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,
I'd like to apologize right away if this is a multiple thread. I searched the forums and couldn't find anything like this.

My situation:
I purchased a Hertz 4 channel amp & Hertz door speakers only for the fronts. I have the stock head unit in place, and do not plan on changing it anytime soon. I also have a line-out converter for RCA's and did that by t-tapping into the rear set of speakers for the signal.

My problem:
I was able to mount the door speakers with ease, but couldn't, for the life of me, locate the proper WIRES ( as in + and - for front left, and front right speakers ) from the factory amp. After searching on these forums to locate the factory amp I was able to find it. When I took out the factory speakers I cut ( with some slack ) the old factory leads. I kept them so I can follow the same wire colour to the factory amp. When I got to the amp there were multiple wires of the same colour and I had no idea what wire went where.

TLDR; Aftermarket amp install on stock head unit and need to bypass factory amp.

So my question is; has anyone every tried doing this? is there some tool I can use to find out what wires I need to send from the factory amp to the new 4channel amp?

every wiring diagram on the internet has a different set of colours, and some colours aren't even there!

please help me. thanks in advanced. :cool:

·
Banned
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
thanks for everyones eagerness to help :) i got it under control. you can close the thread, if theres any mods doing their job lol

·
So Delicious !
5,271 Posts
don't be too hurt....
sometimes this place gets a little dead :(
(wait alot)

I'm no stereo guru but...
I was going to get you a wiring diagram for your car
that should be correct wire colors, but you got it under control.

Have the greatest days possible !

·
#low
1,537 Posts
Fuck impatient much? 05-07 wiring is different from 08-10, and cars with pioneer different from cars without and cars with onstar. Pro-tip, the wires stay the same fucking colour from the HU to the deck, so with half a brain if you were changing the speakers, you could get the colours from the stock harness.

Glad you got it "under control" though man.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Vito, have some patience. There are a lot of people willing to help you with advice FREE of charge. The people on this site also have lives, I'm sure... That kind of attitude will get you zero response in the future.... Cool dudes here just be patient.

·
Banned
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
shutup, nerd

Fuck impatient much? 05-07 wiring is different from 08-10, and cars with pioneer different from cars without and cars with onstar. Pro-tip, the wires stay the same fucking colour from the HU to the deck, so with half a brain if you were changing the speakers, you could get the colours from the stock harness.

Glad you got it "under control" though man.

your mom, with half a brain, had you.

·
Banned
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Vito, have some patience. There are a lot of people willing to help you with advice FREE of charge. The people on this site also have lives, I'm sure... That kind of attitude will get you zero response in the future.... Cool dudes here just be patient.
Cool dude..., you sound liek a cool dude.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.